Tribute Former Stars Thread

________

Feb 6, 2006
Antti Miettinen was a coach for Finland in the World Juniors

Last edited:

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Pateryn getting traded from the Wild to the Avs has to be pretty pleased (even if the Wild currently have the better record :D)

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
The Stars let Spezza walk because his shooting percentage dipped and the rest of the team was just as awful offensively, then his shooting percentage went back to normal for the Leafs. Legitimately sad the guy never got his cup, he's a great player and I was so pumped when the Stars got him a few years ago.

In all fairness it somehow dipped for two years, I think there's gotta be some sort of Stars shitty offensive system effect here:

1654003292204.png

Reactions: cizko

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Looks like Radulov is going back to the KHL.

I feel bad for the guy. He was awesome last season until he got hurt. Then he got scammed out of $30 million. And his final season was so shitty (maybe because of the injury or maybe because all old guys lose it at some point) that he lost any hope of getting another multimillion dollar deal in the NHL.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Looks like Radulov is going back to the KHL.

I feel bad for the guy. He was awesome last season until he got hurt. Then he got scammed out of $30 million. And his final season was so shitty (maybe because of the injury or maybe because all old guys lose it at some point) that he lost any hope of getting another multimillion dollar deal in the NHL.

When did this happen? Never heard about that one.

TBH, if I'm getting paid in Rubles, it is highly questionable what that contract is worth. As of right now, the clerk at the local gas station is making more real money than Radulov getting paid in Russian Rubles, unless he plans on staying in Russia to spend them. At this point, it is highly questionable whether he will be paid at all, honestly.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013

Edit: Woops, did not realize kcb already posted this in the offseason thread...

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
When did this happen? Never heard about that one.

TBH, if I'm getting paid in Rubles, it is highly questionable what that contract is worth. As of right now, the clerk at the local gas station is making more real money than Radulov getting paid in Russian Rubles, unless he plans on staying in Russia to spend them. At this point, it is highly questionable whether he will be paid at all, honestly.
And they recently raised the age of conscription in Russia. He may have more than money to worry about. He may be going to a useless war. Not to make a bad joke, but Ukrainians are probably not worried about him......his shooting % went way down last year.

There is another thread on drafting Russians on the main board. I guess there could be some complications on drafting 18 year olds from Russia as well, not knowing if they are actually going to be able to leave. Or, there could be some incredible bargains in late rounds.

In other news, PIT resigned Taylor Fedun for 2 years and less than $1M per season.

• Wow
Reactions: Satan

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Hey,

Jets fan, here. Rumors are that if Jets don’t land Trotz that Montgomery is a real option for them. I seem to remember the team playing well under him despite an untimely dismissal.

Can anyone shed some light who arched a little more closely what kind of style he coached and had he not dealt with his issues, would he have lasted quite a bit longer?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team was doing ok and on a winning streak when he was let go IRC . Came out of nowhere for us too. So yes he would've stayed coach . How much longer ? Dunno ? Would the team have reached the finals with him ? Dunno .

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
Hey,

Jets fan, here. Rumors are that if Jets don’t land Trotz that Montgomery is a real option for them. I seem to remember the team playing well under him despite an untimely dismissal.

Can anyone shed some light who arched a little more closely what kind of style he coached and had he not dealt with his issues, would he have lasted quite a bit longer?

IF the personnel or their skill set allow it, he will coach for a modern, fast and balanced style.

Reactions: GaryPoppins

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm not sure Monty can really change the attitutes of the old the Jets core. He had no success with how the Stars old core played either . He did good with the younger players but to be fair so did Bones but Benn and Seguin well the horseshit comments happenend when Monty was still the coach.

Scheifele and Wheeler should probably not be on the Jets if you want Monty as a coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johno

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I'm not sure Monty can really change the attitutes of the old the Jets core. He had no success with how the Stars old core played either . He did good with the younger players but to be fair so did Bones but Benn and Seguin well the horseshit comments happenend when Monty was still the coach.

Scheifele and Wheeler should probably not be on the Jets if you want Monty as a coach.
55 looks to be trade bait and honestly.. lots of Jets fans seem okay with that given a proper return. Wheeler simply has an unmovable contract but only 2 years left.

It’ll be interesting.

Thx for the info

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->