Confirmed with Link: Former Hawk Hinostroza Returns, Brad Morrison to FLA

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Hino was as mentioned previously quite noticeable in a recent game with Florida.
He competes and is fast and that's 2 out of 3 important checks in my book.
Points can come from his linemates or a lack of thereof from the opposition.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
It’s funny when some posters get angry over something this trivial and say “I’m done with this team” yet keep posting.
It is not anger over this trade. It is Stan going to the same well over and over and over. Like the other 30 teams don’t have anyone that can fill a 4th line ......unless they are a former Hawk. It is a Stan/org failing.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Brian Campbell, Daniel Carcillo Adam Clendening, Vinnie Hinostroza, Nikolai Khabibulin, Marcus Kruger, Andrew Ladd, Jeremy Morin, Johnny Oduya, Brandon Pirri, Brandon Saad, Patrick Sharp, Andrew Shaw, Kris Versteeg (twice).

Gotta admit that the above list of ex-Hawks brought back to the fold has mostly questionable players but not all. I think bringing back Hino was one of Stan's better decisions.

Oh yah how about these guys...
Denis Savard

Steve Thomas

Ed Olcyzk

Al Secord

Troy Murray

Dave Manson

Rich Preston

Steve Dubinsky

Dan Vincelette

Jaroslav Spacek

Steve Passmore

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Maybe the Hawks didn't want to give him up in the first place and were presented an opportunity to get him back for free?

This is a minor trade that improves our depth either way, whether he was an ex-hawk or not.

What non-ex-hawk that is a better player than Hino could we have gotten for Brad Morrison? Or should we have just kept Morrison since the only upgrade available was an ex-hawk?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Interesting note from The Athletic article on the trade. It looks like it was initiated by the Panthers.
Friendly Florida fan here: Zito seems to like adding change of scenery players (Duke,Verhaege, Hinostroza) to complement our big two of Barkov and Huberdeau; for this to work, he needs to do right to the players where it doesn’t work like Hinostroza!

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Most who are bitching about this move probably don't know anything about Morrisson beyond him being a forward.

Hawks gave up absolutely Jack squat for Hino, who the Hawks were offered to get pretty much completely free because Florida's GM wanted to do right by him.

Stop complaining already.

The only reason they moved Morrison is because they were already at 49/50 contracts and needed to move one to bring one in. It's the same reason Morrison was traded to Chicago for Maatta.

We essentially got Hino for free.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The only reason they moved Morrison is because they were already at 49/50 contracts and needed to move one to bring one in. It's the same reason Morrison was traded to Chicago for Maatta.

We essentially got Hino for free.
Yep.

So anyone bitching about this is being over dramatic.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Or maybe they just have a different opinion? That’s frowned upon these days I know. I don’t mind this move but I can understand why some maybe skeptical, why be so closed minded and just label them as “clueless trolls”. I see your posts as trolling and instigating at times so there is that.
Tell me one legit downside to this move. Just one.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe the Hawks didn't want to give him up in the first place and were presented an opportunity to get him back for free?

This is a minor trade that improves our depth either way, whether he was an ex-hawk or not.

What non-ex-hawk that is a better player than Hino could we have gotten for Brad Morrison? Or should we have just kept Morrison since the only upgrade available was an ex-hawk?

From what we read that is exactly what occurred. Stan did not actively pursue Hino.... but was a class act by Zito to help out a player/friend.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Tell me one legit downside to this move. Just one.

As I stated earlier in the thread, I like this move. What I don’t like is the shutting up of anyone with different views or anything “negative”. The team has had negative results for a few years, this year looked promising for a bit and now the team is on a slide and people can’t be frustrated? I guarantee you if this team was winning no one would give a jack about this move.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
As I stated earlier in the thread, I like this move. What I don’t like is the shutting up of anyone with different views or anything “negative”. The team has had negative results for a few years, this year looked promising for a bit and now the team is on a slide and people can’t be frustrated? I guarantee you if this team was winning no one would give a jack about this move.
You said you were fine with it but could see why someone may be skeptical. I don't see one negative regarding this.

I understand hating the constant positivity that some posters have. But is it any worse than your almost constant negativity? Do you feel you have to swing in the complete opposite direction to keep some sort of balance?

You ain't Thanos, you don't need to balance the universe. If you keep turning every organizational single move into a negative, people are just gonna tune your ass out.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
It is not anger over this trade. It is Stan going to the same well over and over and over. Like the other 30 teams don’t have anyone that can fill a 4th line ......unless they are a former Hawk. It is a Stan/org failing.
Mhmm...and has Brad Morrison ever showed that he is capable of playing on the 4th line or in the NHL in general?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You said you were fine with it but could see why someone may be skeptical. I don't see one negative regarding this.

I understand hating the constant positivity that some posters have. But is it any worse than your almost constant negativity? Do you feel you have to swing in the complete opposite direction to keep some sort of balance?

You ain't Thanos, you don't need to balance the universe. If you keep turning every organizational single move into a negative, people are just gonna tune your ass out.

Who exactly is the constant positivity? That is the problem with his garbage argument, there is no one.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Who exactly is the constant positivity? That is the problem with his garbage arguement, there is no one.
I'm not gonna name names, but I do think a lot of people here dislike criticizing the team right now. I know I've been harped on pretty recently about consistently getting out shot in games (which oddly did not happen yesterday when we got shutout).

It doesn't really matter, some posters who are unable to critique the team doesn't make it okay for someone else to never shut the hell up about what the org supposedly is doing wrong.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

People have the right to tune me out if they like doesn’t bother me. I am not trying to balance, I get pretty positive when the team is winning or you saw my comment here earlier.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
People have the right to tune me out if they like doesn’t bother me. I am not trying to balance, I get pretty positive when the team is winning or you saw my comment here earlier.
Why post on a forum if you don't care if people tune you out. You must hope at least one person isn't, otherwise you're basically shouting into the wind.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Why post on a forum if you don't care if people tune you out. You must hope at least one person isn't, otherwise you're basically shouting into the wind.

You are presenting a hypothetical scenario that all posters will ignore me because of my views, so I guess my only choice is alter my views to cater to the congregation, do you suggest I do that? Not sure what you want me to say.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You are presenting a hypothetical scenario that all posters will ignore me because of my views, so I guess my only choice is alter my views to cater to the congregation, do you suggest I do that? Not sure what you want me to say.
Most don't have you on ignore, but the majority here, at least active posters, have already mentioned numerous times that they don't take you seriously. I don't know that some of the more negative posters around here, guys like BWC and MM, take you seriously.

What posters do you think actually listen to what you say? Everyone already knows you have such an insane level of bias that truck loads of salt need to be added to whatever you write.

And I'm not sure what I want you to say. Say nothing if you like. I'm just pointing out that when a poster can only ever post negative posts shitting on the likes of Colliton and Bowman (both of whom I have previously advocated for to be fired), no one is going to take said poster seriously.

Easier way to say that is bitch about the bad and applaud the good, otherwise your opinions will only ever fall on deaf ears.

Reactions: Pez68 and BK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad