Former Ducks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Lol what makes you an expert, Eddie?

Gibson and Anderson are not nhl goalies yet, signing Bryz for a good price, lower than what hiller makes.

If you expect one of Gibson or Anderson to be on the team the next season, I'd want someone with a lot more experience than Fasth to be the other goalie. Bryz has that experience, and if he's ready to play and play for the right price... He should have a place to play in Anaheim.

I'm giving you an opinion. Feel free to dismiss it.

I have no expectations for next year at this point in time. If you want to talk to me about next year's team, look me up when the season is over. We're 3 games into this season. But I know the Ducks are not currently in the market for any 33 year old goalie and wouldn't trade Hiller or Fasth just to sign one. Least of all, Bryz. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.

This sounds like another one of your, Teemu should play with Koivu because they had chemistry years ago, scenarios.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Agreed. There was no mention of how he left in that article. If he wants to get back in the good graces of the fans he needs to come clean on that whole ugly affair.

It is very unfortunate how he suffered from so many concussions. But I don't think you can blame the league or the Ducks for any of that. Nobody in sports understood concussions very well at the time.

Nice hatchet job by Whicker to put words in Selanne's mouth without one quote to back it up. The article seems to imply that all has something to do with PK not wanting to be involved with the team now. Did we not hear that he was prepared to sign with the Ducks when doctors advised him to retire? That would seem to contradict Whicker's implication.

Bob Murray has also stated the door is open to Kariya if/whenever he wants a job with the Ducks. The hand is reaching out, Kariya is just scared it will smack him in the head again.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
And since the topic is goaltending for next season, Fasth will have another full year of NHL experience and also maybe an Olympic tournament under his belt.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
And since the topic is goaltending for next season, Fasth will have another full year of NHL experience and also maybe an Olympic tournament under his belt.

Yup. We will see Fasth's ceiling within the next year. Make decision then imo.

On Kariya.. lets assume there is some "bye bye teemu" events to end this year. Does Karyia attend?

I think if kariya is asked to do some presentation for teemu, thatd win over some fans.

As people have said. I dont mind kariyas number retired... but if he is asked and doesnt want any part of it, then the answer is fine, door shut forever. i have so many good memories of kariya and teemu rushing up the ice, both of them skating past everyone else...

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Yup. We will see Fasth's ceiling within the next year. Make decision then imo.

On Kariya.. lets assume there is some "bye bye teemu" events to end this year. Does Karyia attend?

I think if kariya is asked to do some presentation for teemu, thatd win over some fans.

As people have said. I dont mind kariyas number retired... but if he is asked and doesnt want any part of it, then the answer is fine, door shut forever. i have so many good memories of kariya and teemu rushing up the ice, both of them skating past everyone else...

Yeah, Kariya definitely needs to do some politician level PR, making appearances and showing that he's sorry if he hurt the Ducks fans.

DannoManno*

Sounds great, Bryz/Fasth and a new top 3 defender! (But of course I hope hiller plays well, as that will get us higher trade value back.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Oops, I mean he got his 37th shutout, on 39 saves.

EDIT: and Jiggy is 1st star of the night on NHL.com!

Last edited:

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Apparently Bobby is playing physical and giving full effort. Not like that would have happened here though. We'll see if it continues, but good for him on turning that around.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Apparently Bobby is playing physical and giving full effort. Not like that would have happened here though. We'll see if it continues, but good for him on turning that around.

For how long though? Ryan Whitney was apparently a Norris candidate for his first 35 games in Edmonton haha.

I think Bobby is going to hit 40 one day and he's always going to be a great player but I think he will always be streaky in terms of production and physical play.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
For how long though? Ryan Whitney was apparently a Norris candidate for his first 35 games in Edmonton haha.

I think Bobby is going to hit 40 one day and he's always going to be a great player but I think he will always be streaky in terms of production and physical play.

I went into this season feeling that Ryan would have a huge year and Silfverberg would have a bad one. That's just how these things work. Silfverberg is a young guy and he'll bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad