Former Ducks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The only thing he might get a boost from is 1st PP unit time. But other than that I agree with you.

I think he'll score a decent a bit more. Partially due to PP time, like paul mentions. But also because of moving to the East. I think it'll suit his style more.

You guys are right. He will get a boost because of those two factors. However, I don't think he'll be an elite winger. I think he'll be in the 60-70 point range, which is better than his last two seasons, but still not elite

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com

AnaheimDucks91

May 10, 2013
George Parros just got taken off on a stretch in the Habs-Leafs game.. Scary vision of him getting pulled to the ice chin first during his fight vs Colton Orr

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
It looked like Orr fell and dragged the stache down face first to the ice. The idiots in NBC said George swung a knockout punch, missed and fell himself face first. I sure saw Orr holding on to George's sweater.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I think it was a combo of George swinging at the same time Orr was falling/pulling him down. It was just a freak accident.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah looked like a freak accident. There's no way Orr meant for it to happen. I hope Parros is alright and has a speedy recovery.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
He Tweeted early in the morning (Eastern time), thanking the well wishes from his followers. Not sure what to make of the time he did it, he's probably not getting much sleep if he has a concussion.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Can't believe he only has a concussion, he has a jaw of steel. Out indefinitely, I hope he's back in time for his return to the Ponda.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He Tweeted early in the morning (Eastern time), thanking the well wishes from his followers. Not sure what to make of the time he did it, he's probably not getting much sleep if he has a concussion.

With a concussion that severe they usually don't want you to sleep for 24 hours.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
No one will wear #9 again imo. After the open mic they had earlier for season ticket holders sounded like they are going to retire Kariyas number sometime in the future

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
On Kariya Puckdaddy had this today on the What We Learned section

Anaheim Ducks: The Ducks obviously want to retire Paul Kariya's No. 9, and for good reason, but he keeps telling them he won't let them do it. This is a fascinating article.

(This is the article in question: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/kariya-529681-ducks-game.html)

So it's more Kariya then Anaheim in not wanting the number retired it would appear

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
On Kariya Puckdaddy had this today on the What We Learned section

Anaheim Ducks: The Ducks obviously want to retire Paul Kariya's No. 9, and for good reason, but he keeps telling them he won't let them do it. This is a fascinating article.

(This is the article in question: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/kariya-529681-ducks-game.html)

So it's more Kariya then Anaheim in not wanting the number retired it would appear

Whoa. I actually read an OCregister article without pa....... I'm still bitter about the way PK left. Now, outside of that, he may be a good person still, but the way he left pffftttt. I hope PK does continue to refuse to have his number retired otherwise there will always be a certain percentage that will not look well upon him. I know that's how I would see it.

I dunno... give me another decade or two to forget and then let's revisit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad