Former Ducks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I couldn't find the old thread for this, it was many pages in anyways so might as well start a new one.

I don't get to write a lot about the NHL at work, with all Pitea natives being retired (Renberg, Holmstrom + Ohlund who isn't officially retired but well...).

However, I interviewed Jonathan Hedstrom on the phone today. Nice guy. We didn't talk anything about his time in the NHL so I won't bother sharing the story, although I did mention I'm a long time Ducks fan. :)

He might (although I assume unlikely) play for Pitea (in the 3rd highest league in Sweden) next season. If he signs, I'm sure I'll get to talk with him about his time in Anaheim at some point.

Will always remember this penalty shot:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lets talk about it!!!

images

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
Yeah I remember that goal. Hedstrom had a really nice stretch for a short period of time. Too bad he left.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Had lunch and a game of bowling with the players/coaches in Lulea today. Jonas Ronnqvist is the head coach, said he will be in Anaheim for the 20th anniversary cermony. Considering he only played 38 games for the club, I think you'll see a ton of former players there.

Last edited:

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
He's got a great personality. Too bad the Ducks have such a crappy marketing department.

He'll be a fan favorite in a big hockey market.

EDIT: I hope in about 15 years he comes back to the Ducks and replaces a senile Brian Hayward. (he's senile now, but Bobby has a lot of hockey still to play).

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

That's some funny stuff! :nod:

He's got a great personality. Too bad the Ducks have such a crappy marketing department.

He'll be a fan favorite in a big hockey market.

EDIT: I hope in about 15 years he comes back to the Ducks and replaces a senile Brian Hayward. (he's senile now, but Bobby has a lot of hockey still to play).

Please tell me we don't have to wait 15 years. :D How about Teemu next year? :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad