Former Ducks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
And he's got a couple cups, right? At least one. I feel like we got back something really dumb for him, like Alex Hicks level dumb.

he won the cup in '06 with the canes

cullen got ozolinsh in return, who was a major part of the '03 finals run. good trade. and they got rid of that pylon pavel trnka in the process

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
When you play 25 minutes a night for the team with the worst shot differential in the league that's bound to happen. The Avs would ideally be playing him 20-22 minutes a night but given their woeful blueline I guess they have to give him that ice time.

That also goes to show how you can never rank individuals based off Just Corsi. I would gladly take over half that list on my team.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
When you play 25 minutes a night for the team with the worst shot differential in the league that's bound to happen. The Avs would ideally be playing him 20-22 minutes a night but given their woeful blueline I guess they have to give him that ice time.

That also goes to show how you can never rank individuals based off Just Corsi. I would gladly take over half that list on my team.
I think two caveats to Corsi, +/-, etc are when the player is on a thoroughly bad team and when they play a role with heavy minutes. In those cases, the best players actually are probably the worst in those metrics.

How many of those guys are all on the same few teams?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He made a lot of excellent plays that Kev can only dream of making, especially along the boards.

Also had an assist and on the year has more than doubled Bieksas point totals. I think the Avs are way overplaying him and if they somehow sneak into the playoffs he will be worn down but if he were still here and playing 21 mins per night our blueline would be so much better off for it.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
DSP has 3 goals and 2 assists since being traded to New Jersey. Good to see him producing, especially after that emotional goodbye in Montreal.

John

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Karlsson looks really good for the Jackets so far against Tampa Bay. He's such a good passer, would have to think he would have a ton more assists if he didn't spend the first half of the season playing mostly with scrubs.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Karlsson looks really good for the Jackets so far against Tampa Bay. He's such a good passer, would have to think he would have a ton more assists if he didn't spend the first half of the season playing mostly with scrubs.

rakell-karlsson-perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad