Former Ducks, 2019-20

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I had a feeling those two would become buddys, Boston appears to be Team Czech with a total of 5 Czech's on their roster as well as 2 Slovak's who speak similar language.
If its one thing i know about Czech's is they love their beer, as Europes most beer drinking country in all of europe surpassing even Germany/Austria.
Perhaps Pastarnak and Kase went out for Pilsner Urquels and caught the virus. The pale lager type of beer known as a Pilsner was invented in Plzen, Czech Republic as most modern beers are based on this type of beer making.
Yeah, we have our fair share of beers here, but Czechs are crazy :laugh:
Who knows what happened but sounds like Bruins management is not too happy.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Interesting to see neither Ritchie (reason unknown) nor Kase (covid) in Boston's exhibition game.
Bruins fan here, realistically couldn't have turned out worse on the Bruins end in these trades so far. With the unique situation and those two missing a lot of practice time, it's at the point where they may not use either even if available. Bruins top prospect (Studnicka) has played 2 NHL games and 1 exhibition game and it looks like he's already locked up the 2nd line RW spot (that we hoped Kase could fill). Really think Heinen's stability/reliability would have been better in the middle 6. Oh well.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Bruins fan here, realistically couldn't have turned out worse on the Bruins end in these trades so far. With the unique situation and those two missing a lot of practice time, it's at the point where they may not use either even if available. Bruins top prospect (Studnicka) has played 2 NHL games and 1 exhibition game and it looks like he's already locked up the 2nd line RW spot (that we hoped Kase could fill). Really think Heinen's stability/reliability would have been better in the middle 6. Oh well.
any idea what ritchie's deal is? is it covid-related or did he show up to the bubble out of shape?

he didn't look bad in the games he played with the bruins before the stoppage

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
any idea what ritchie's deal is? is it covid-related or did he show up to the bubble out of shape?

he didn't look bad in the games he played with the bruins before the stoppage
It's unclear to us. The Kase thing is definitely Covid related (both him and Pastrnak) but no one knows what's going on with Ritchie. I think conditioning is the easy go-to since he's a bigger guy, but I haven't seen confirmation on that. He did skate in the morning yesterday but wasn't in the line-up.

Ritchie looked decent in the games, and he had one big game. Kase really struggled in his games before the break. Tough situation because neither of them built up any chemistry with anyone.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Vatanen has looked ok on the PP for CAR, but he has been a liability at even strength. Wonder how healthy he really is.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
They definitely played together, they traded Maroon in Ritchies rookie year. BB kept benching Maroon in favor of Ritchie despite Ritchie clearly not being ready at that point.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They definitely played together, they traded Maroon in Ritchies rookie year. BB kept benching Maroon in favor of Ritchie despite Ritchie clearly not being ready at that point.
i thought for sure ritchie was called up after maroon was dealt

either way, i highly doubt this had anything to do with their ducks days

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Kase back today playing with Krejci and DeBrusk. Ritchie on the 3rd line with Coyle and Bjork. (And Wagner is on the 4th line)

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
This Finnish hockey travel show met and interviewed Vatanen in February and the episode was released this Friday. Sadly the whole thing is in Finnish without subtitles, but I have to share one thing that related to Anaheim. Vatanen was asked who has been the best defence pair who he has played with in the NHL. Clayton Stoner was his answer. Vatanen explained that they played together for long and they played well together. I don't remember how long they were a pair, maybe two seasons at least before Stoner got injured and Vatanen got traded. Those two were a solid bottom pair for sure.

Reactions: mightyquack

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
This Finnish hockey travel show met and interviewed Vatanen in February and the episode was released this Friday. Sadly the whole thing is in Finnish without subtitles, but I have to share one thing that related to Anaheim. Vatanen was asked who has been the best defence pair who he has played with in the NHL. Clayton Stoner was his answer. Vatanen explained that they played together for long and they played well together. I don't remember how long they were a pair, maybe two seasons at least before Stoner got injured and Vatanen got traded. Those two were a solid bottom pair for sure.
they played together for a full season in 14-15

stoner missed 30 games or so the next season and only played in a handful of games in 16-17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad