Former Canucks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I see Markstrom was yanked for the second straight game, in that ugly 7-1 beatdown by the Oilers over the Flames last night. And Tanev had maybe the worst night I've seen him have in recent years....just got owned by the Oiler forecheck.

As an aside, I'm wondering if Markstrom is missing his old goalie coach Ian Clark? Whenever his game started to slide in seasons past, Clark could get him turned around. I have no idea who's coaching him Calgary, but clearly Markstrom is in a funk right now.

The Flames are built to 'win now'. But if this keeps up, they might be in for at least a partial teardown and rebuild. It would be ironic if Markstrom and Tanev hitched their wagons to another team in rebuild mode.

Still a huge question mark about how those contracts will look for Calgary in two or three years. There are still Canuck fans who will dispute it, but I think they might have made the right call on both guys.
Once Calgary misses the playoffs I fully expect some major changes.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Can we sign Stecher’s dump?

Prorated till the end of the season for c(r)ap reasons of course.

source.gif

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Edler-Stecher I thought was a quality pairing that could handle difficult minutes

How much is our current top 8 D costing, and how much would the following cost:

Edler Tanev
Hughes Schenn
Hutton Stecher
Juolevi Biega

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Markstrom is injured. He's apparently listed as out day-to-day with an upper body injury (from the Flames' board).

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
You are asking way way too much from Schenn to play more than 15 minutes a game.

True.

And I wouldn't want Edler playing more than 20 minutes, and really Tanev as well.

But then, I am the type that would go with 10F and 8D if that were our 8D, and given the forwards we have right now.

Biega can play forward in a pinch.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
This is the roster equivalent of iF wE dRaFtEd TkAcHuK, wE WoUlDn'T hAvE gOtTeN PeTtErSsOn

spongebob.jpg
And if we didnt draft Virtanen instead of Nylander or Larkin we wouldnt have drafted Juolevi who wouldnt have been available at a lower spot and therefore would have had a better pick and therefore done better and missed out on Pettersson

That 4D chess Benning thing goes deep

Reactions: vanuck

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
And if we didnt draft Virtanen instead of Nylander or Larkin we wouldnt have drafted Juolevi who wouldnt have been available at a lower spot and therefore would have had a better pick and therefore done better and missed out on Pettersson

That 4D chess Benning thing goes deep
By god if we missed out on Juolevi we might have been left with some scrub like Chychrun or McAvoy or Sergachev

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Apparently, this link confirms that Markus Granlund has signed in the KHL:

«Салават» подписал контракт с Маркусом Гранлундом на 2 года. Зарплата – 70 млн рублей за сезон (Gorobzor.ru)

But perhaps it confirms that Igor Larianov is coming out of retirement to rejoin the Red Wings. Anyone read Russian?

Huh? I think that link is old. Granlund has been playing in the KHL. 49 games and counting already. You must have missed my comment about Granlund being a better player than Shinkaruk at the KHL level and the triggering effect it had. Apparently I'm not suppose to talk about two former Canucks in the Former Canucks thread.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Huh? I think that link is old. Granlund has been playing in the KHL. 49 games and counting already. You must have missed my comment about Granlund being a better player than Shinkaruk at the KHL level and the triggering effect it had. Apparently I'm not suppose to talk about two former Canucks in the Former Canucks thread.

My mistake. Sorry!

Reactions: F A N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad