Former Canucks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
If Troy from Richmond could actually move a body, shoot a puck or not flub the puck in the dzone every other shift.. might have time for him..

Got sick of seeing his flustered, red cheeked WTF-happened look on his face after a goal against where the camera immediately pans to the player they (rightly or wrongly) felt was at fault.

You don't keep fringe player like him around... Those are the one you turnover and make way for different potential.

Shocked he's the guy you wanted to stay status quo with..

Glad he's gone. Glad management agreed with me.

Reactions: EpochLink

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If Troy from Richmond could actually move a body, shoot a puck or not flub the puck in the dzone every other shift.. might have time for him..

Got sick of seeing his flustered, red cheeked WTF-happened look on his face after a goal against where the camera immediately pans to the player they (rightly or wrongly) felt was at fault.

You don't keep fringe player like him around... Those are the one you turnover and make way for different potential.

Isn’t the idea for a manager to keep the better players? Troy was (is) better in the #6 D man roll than Benn or Hamonic, right? He signed for 1.7 in Detroit. How much are Benn and Hamonic making? It’s just another example of Benning/Brod (Jethro/Jethrine) paying more for less.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Maybe you should have paid more attention to all the times that Stecher was celebrating with a Canuck goal scorer, because that happened far more often.

Reactions: Luckylarry

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Maybe you should have paid more attention to all the times that Stecher was celebrating with a Canuck goal scorer, because that happened far more often.
Pretty sure hes being sarcastic :laugh:

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015

It seems because he didn't "look right" for a defensemen you didn't want him. That seems like a backward form of player evaluation compared to looking at results, price and likeability . Having Stecher instead of Chatfield and Hamonic probably results in the Canucks remaining in the playoff hunt and having a better chance.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Benn is so bad, cap space wasted yet on another player instead of keeping someone younger like Stetcher.
Younger, and WAY better a player.
Stecher Juiolevi would have been a very good bottom pair.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Edler-Stecher I thought was a quality pairing that could handle difficult minutes
Yup. Stecher iś a really smart and effective player. He is small though, so does need a bigger bodied partner to do things he can’t. Edler is a big guy. Juiolevi plays like he’s a bigger guy too.
Just crazy we let ?Stecher walk, and kept friggin’ Benn. Why in the heck did Benning sign Benn to two years knowing Stecher needed to be signed in Benn’s Second yeAr?

Reactions: I am toxic

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see Markstrom was yanked for the second straight game, in that ugly 7-1 beatdown by the Oilers over the Flames last night. And Tanev had maybe the worst night I've seen him have in recent years....just got owned by the Oiler forecheck.

As an aside, I'm wondering if Markstrom is missing his old goalie coach Ian Clark? Whenever his game started to slide in seasons past, Clark could get him turned around. I have no idea who's coaching him Calgary, but clearly Markstrom is in a funk right now.

The Flames are built to 'win now'. But if this keeps up, they might be in for at least a partial teardown and rebuild. It would be ironic if Markstrom and Tanev hitched their wagons to another team in rebuild mode.

Still a huge question mark about how those contracts will look for Calgary in two or three years. There are still Canuck fans who will dispute it, but I think they might have made the right call on both guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad