FORMER Canucks thread Part TWO

Which current Canucks are you looking forward to been part of this thread

• Total voters

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Winning the first game with 19 secs left, and the 2nd game 11 secs into OT, I felt we were destined for the Cup. How wrong/stupid I was. :(

after those first two squeakers, it really did feel like we were a team of destiny...

HMa7.gif

Reactions: supercanuck

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Blows my mind how stupid it was not qualify stecher or even work with him on a new contract

Beyond idiotic

“hey stech remember when I said you weren’t in our future plans and I didn’t want you back, well all my plans for this offseason fell through, so you want to come back”

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Blows my mind how stupid it was not qualify stecher or even work with him on a new contract

Beyond idiotic

“hey stech remember when I said you weren’t in our future plans and I didn’t want you back, well all my plans for this offseason fell through, so you want to come back”
I would've given him a 4 year dear at his QO, but my budget and cap would've been managed better to that point where my hand wasn't forced.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Beyond idiotic

Green never liked him. We can all see that. Every year he starts off on the 3rd pairing. Gets virtually zero PP time and isn't utilized on the PK. In the playoffs we saw Fanta average more ice time and was on the PK. Benn too was used on the PK. I'm a fan of Stecher but whatever it is his head coaches don't seem to like him. Even in Detroit, he's 6th among Dmen in ice time, no PP, no PK, was even a healthy scratch.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Green never liked him. We can all see that. Every year he starts off on the 3rd pairing. Gets virtually zero PP time and isn't utilized on the PK. In the playoffs we saw Fanta average more ice time and was on the PK. Benn too was used on the PK. I'm a fan of Stecher but whatever it is his head coaches don't seem to like him. Even in Detroit, he's 6th among Dmen in ice time, no PP, no PK, was even a healthy scratch.

of course green doest like him
he doesnt like players who dont get caved in 5v5

he prefers his defense to never have the puck

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Playing Benn with his cap hit (instead of shoving him to the minors) meant a guy like Joulevi couldn't get icetime (cap reasons). Big mistake. We aren't talking about Benn in his prime but a past his prime & no future with the Canucks Benn.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario

I could be wrong on this, but he wasn't qualified because around that exact time they were working on trading this years pick and Hoggy to take on $49 milli in OEL who doesnt play the right side.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I could be wrong on this, but he wasn't qualified because around that exact time they were working on trading this years pick and Hoggy to take on $49 milli in OEL who doesnt play the right side.

Serviceable bottom pairing right shot d-man for $1.8 AAV
vs.
The 5th highest cap hit in the NHL for a d-man to play the left side (with knowledge at the time, that the cap was not going to rise)

tough decision.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Tanev is a player we're gonna be looking for over the next decade. Those elite shot/goal suppressing D's are rare around the league. Can't believe I was one of the bozos who thought he was declining :(

Tanev can't have elite shot suppression in Green's system.

His shot suppression pre-green and post-green are ELITE.

every year under Green they dropped dramatically, so it wasn't just hughes either.

Tanev can't play with a coach that doesnt understand 5v5 play like green, which sucks.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Tanev is a player we're gonna be looking for over the next decade. Those elite shot/goal suppressing D's are rare around the league. Can't believe I was one of the bozos who thought he was declining :(
I was too, I was never a TG fan but have now realized how truly awful Green's "system" is. Watching Tanev and Schmidt both this season compared to last season was the real eye opener.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Tanev can't have elite shot suppression in Green's system.

His shot suppression pre-green and post-green are ELITE.

every year under Green they dropped dramatically, so it wasn't just hughes either.

Tanev can't play with a coach that doesnt understand 5v5 play like green, which sucks.
I was too, I was never a TG fan but have now realized how truly awful Green's "system" is. Watching Tanev and Schmidt both this season compared to last season was the real eye opener.

It's what makes me a bit nervous for paying heavy assets for a D like Cernak or Carlo only for him to come here and stink up the joint.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

It sure is tough to evaluate players on this roster. I have no idea anymore on who is actually good or bad.
Chris Tanev may be the most visual analytic player getting away from a coach I have ever seen. It's almost funny.
Pre Travis Green
Tanev pre green.png
Post Travis Green
Tanev cgy.png

Reactions: Nucker101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad