FORMER Canucks thread Part TWO

Which current Canucks are you looking forward to been part of this thread

• Total voters

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
It sucks to see Canucks fans in this state. Apart from the Jets, the Canucks and Habs are my go-to's for who I would cheer for if the Jets are out of any contention and you guys are on the hunt. I really want to see the Canucks team and organisation improve sooner rather than later.

Deadmonton and the Laffs are trash and can lick a d***

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Underrated dark day in Canucks history when he took the puck to the eye.

But a silver lining.

Had the Canucks won the cup that day, maybe Gillis gets to keep his job for a bit longer and plunge the Canucks deeper in to the depths of hell from where Benning is now dragging them out kickin and screaming.

(The Canucks are kicking and screaming, not Jim Benning. He is calm cool and collected.)

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Remember when Gudbranson was logging all those minutes for the Panthers in the playoffs?

Frank Corrado looked decent in the time he was in the post-season for the Canucks. He couldn't even crack a horrible Laffs blueline corp later.

Give a guy like Hamhuis in his prime as a partner for Hughes & watch Hughes get Norris votes.

I remember Stecher & Hutton getting the increased minutes (as a result of injuries on the blueline) over NoGoodBranSuck when all three were Canucks.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
as long as we are being salty and holding old grudges about media guys, ffff wyshynski. how dare he have anything to say about vancouver
Didn't he used to throw shade at us back when he was still writing for his Puck Daddy blog? I distinctly remember there being a reason why I didn't like the guy circa 2010/2011.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Didn't he used to throw shade at us back when he was still writing for his Puck Daddy blog? I distinctly remember there being a reason why I didn't like the guy circa 2010/2011.
Everyone shits on everyone.

It's the circle of turds.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

he did. iirc he was smarmy and underinformed and basically just repeated the same falsehoods that everybody else who had never actually watched the canucks did. he also had this sort of unnecessarily aggressive “i like picking fights about sports” east coast sports fan vibe to him, like the asshole who dumped popcorn on russell westbrook last night.

i distinctly remember in the break between the ECF and the finals, he was on bill simmons’ espn podcast (because boston) and simmons goes, those sedin twins i keep hearing about, which one is the shooter and which is the passer again?

and wyshynski goes, neither, they take turns.

at the time he had probably the biggest platform in US hockey coverage and it said everything that he didn’t know literally the first thing about the last two scoring champs and best team in the league.

Reactions: vanuck

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
How many games do any of these skaters get after Vancouver?

eriksson - 0 most likely
Sutter - probably hangs on for awhile due to name recognition.
Myers - 0
Ferland 0
Roussel 0
Beagle 0
Pearson 0

im sure some of these won’t be literally 0 but there’s a decent chance the skaters in this poll combine for like 50 games after the Canucks. Just like Larsen, bartkowski, etc etc etc before them

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
How many games do any of these skaters get after Vancouver?

eriksson - 0 most likely
Sutter - probably hangs on for awhile due to name recognition.
Myers - 0
Ferland 0
Roussel 0
Beagle 0
Pearson 0

im sure some of these won’t be literally 0 but there’s a decent chance the skaters in this poll combine for like 50 games after the Canucks. Just like Larsen, bartkowski, etc etc etc before them
Some dinosaur GM probably sees Myers draft position and offers a short contract, and he performs like Sbisa
Ferland's career is already over
Roussel probably gets a league minimum deal and then is healthy scratched a lot
Beagle probably gets a PTO but fails to earn a contract
Depends if Pearson's skating degrades.

Of coarse, these are best-case scenarios

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Yeah, I only voted for guys that I could conceivably see having any kind of NHL career going forward, so no votes to Eriksson, Ferland, Baertschi, Chatfield and Spooner. Virtanen too, pending the results of legal troubles.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Guess the Canucks knew what they were doing when they signed Focht but are letting Keppan go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad