Former Canucks Thread (Dan Hamhuis retires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Polite request to OP Zombotron:

Any possibility of removing Guds name from the title? It's been awhile since his return to the Pacific and I'm sure he's felt the welcome by now :sarcasm:. I'm sick of seeing his name. Many thanks.

Reactions: DL44 and MS

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Polite request to OP Zombotron:

Any possibility of removing Guds name from the title? It's been awhile since his return to the Pacific and I'm sure he's felt the welcome by now :sarcasm:. I'm sick of seeing his name. Many thanks.
I have just the replacement thread title that I think we're all looking for here.:

It is....wait for it...Brendan Gaunce Recalled By Bruins :)

The Bruins recalled Gaunce from AHL Providence on Monday.

This is Gaunce's first call up of the season, as he's played 11 games in the minors and recorded seven points. The 25-year-old has experience at the top level with the Canucks, as he suited up in 117 games over four seasons and posted six goals and nine assists. With the B's assortment of injuries, Gaunce provides depth for Tuesday's road matchup against the Devils.

Bruins' Brendan Gaunce: Receives promotion

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore

https://www.tsn.ca/new-jersey-devils-to-place-g-cory-schneider-on-waivers-1.1399627

The 33-year-old, who had a 6-13-4 record last season after returning from off-season hip surgery, is signed for two more seasons beyond this one at a cap hit of $6 million. He also owns a full no-trade clause in each season of the seven-year deal he signed with the Devils in 2014.

"It's always a tough situation whenever someone gets put on waivers," Devils captain Andy Greene said Monday. "We weren't talking too long ago at training camp how confident he looked, how good he looked. He wasn't playing the way he wanted to. It's a tough situation but hopefully he rebounds and comes back strong."

Schneider has spent the past seven seasons with the Devils, having been traded to New Jersey from the Vancouver Canucks in 2013. He has a career record of 167-157-57 with a 2.43 GAA and a .918 save percentage in 402 career games with the two teams.

Earlier on Monday, the Devils recalled Louis Domingue from the AHL's Binghampton Devils. Acquired earlier this season from the Tampa Bay Lightning, Domingue is expected to serve as Mackenzie Blackwood's backup.

Blackwood, 22, has a 7-4-3 record this season with a .904 save percentage and a 2.79 goals-against average.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Not worth anything just from those that get confused about watching hockey.

edit... kinda like how people were trying deny Markstrom had a much better second half of last season than the first half..

Or how some posters dont understand enough about hockey to realise how playing off-wing affects zone exits.

Reactions: I am toxic

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Nilsson has been on a nice run for Ottawa this season. Such a strange goalie, every player has highs and lows but his always seem to more extreme than others.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Jets up 4-3, Blue Jackets with the extra skater and the Jets have Sbisa out there for the shutdown lol. And he got hurt off a COURAGEOUS block. Cant make this stuff up

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Nilsson has been on a nice run for Ottawa this season. Such a strange goalie, every player has highs and lows but his always seem to more extreme than others.

Maybe Nilsson needs be a 1A/1B option rather than a backup goalie. For whatever reason he was terrible here.

Reactions: victoriacanucker

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!...The 'German Gretzky' Dale Weise is still keeping the hockey dream alive by playing with the Laval Rocket. Seems like an ion ago since he played for the Canucks.

Reactions: Cucumber

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Wow!...The 'German Gretzky' Dale Weise is still keeping the hockey dream alive by playing with the Laval Rocket. Seems like an ion ago since he played for the Canucks.

wasn’t it Dutch?

also, he’s a 31 year old who last played nhl games last season. Why wouldn’t he be in the AHL this year?

Reactions: Cucumber

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

wasn’t it Dutch?

also, he’s a 31 year old who last played nhl games last season. Why wouldn’t he be in the AHL this year?

Most importantly, he's earning $1.75M this year (the last year of the 4 year contract he signed). Maybe he gets a callup and earns another contract. If not, he's pocking $1.75M.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
1mYgP12.jpg

Reactions: mathonwy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad