Former Canucks: Players & Management (Kevin Bieksa retirement watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Chiarelli might be doing even worse than Tambellini as Oilers GM, which is saying something.

the oilers history makes the most sense if you assume they are being messed with by the fates. first they got unbelievably lucky in the personnel moves they made, now they get unbelievably lucky in the draft picks they are given only to have everything turn to ashes in their mouths.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Actually the swastika pre-dates the Nazi regime by about 12,000 years. Just another example how recent history can change the perception of something that was a very common thing in a rather big part of the world before. Now it's just the symbol of pure evil
You could say the same about the Hitler stache. Was cool when Chaplin did it. Man they really ruined a lot things (Berlin included).

Charles Bushman

Apr 22, 2018
why is it worth remembering other than as a totally classless way to try and denigrate the guy?

he did that job for a couple of years then got promoted into operations which he did for a decade before he got the oilers gig.

It’s asinine. Steve Tambelini was hired as a PR and Media Relations guy after he retired from playing. He wasn’t flipping hamburgers or cooking fries like these two muppets probably did or do. He is a hell of a nice guy tbqh and although he wasn’t a good GM, he isn’t a mouth breather.

Back on topic I hope it works out for Jeff.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Tambellini was a nice guy who wore sharp suits and had the right friends and didn't have the foggiest idea of how to evaluate talent or be a quality NHL executive.

That said, all the best to Jeff. He deserved a better fate than he got as a Canuck.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
It’s asinine. Steve Tambelini was hired as a PR and Media Relations guy after he retired from playing. He wasn’t flipping hamburgers or cooking fries like these two muppets probably did or do. He is a hell of a nice guy tbqh and although he wasn’t a good GM, he isn’t a mouth breather.

Back on topic I hope it works out for Jeff.

i have no problem with someone selling or making fast food as a job. great life experience. selling food and souvenirs at games was one of my better kid jobs. if you want to get over a fear of public speaking, there are few better ways than going into the 4th level end zone seating during a lions game in the 80s and climbing the bleacher stairs with a tray of drinks shouting out "soda pop" at 500 disappointed drunks waiting for the beer guy.

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
You could say the same about the Hitler stache. Was cool when Chaplin did it. Man they really ruined a lot things (Berlin included).

five things i remember repeatedly thinking during those two jets playoff series in the early 90s:

5. man this tkachuk kid is a force of nature. i sure hope he doesn’t destroy us in the playoffs for the next decade like cam neely against montreal

4. selanne sure is an ineffective weenie when he has to face diduck and babych every night

3. if we forecheck housley hard enough, you think he’ll just fire it into his own net?

2. seriously, rick tabaracci? (before bure had enough and personally and single-handedly relegated him to being a career backup)

1. why the fffff is john paddock trying to bring back hitler’s moustache and haircut combo?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
five things i remember repeatedly thinking during those two jets playoff series in the early 90s:

5. man this tkachuk kid is a force of nature. i sure hope he doesn’t destroy us in the playoffs for the next decade like cam neely against montreal

4. selanne sure is an ineffective weenie when he has to face diduck and babych every night

3. if we forecheck housley hard enough, you think he’ll just fire it into his own net?

2. seriously, rick tabaracci? (before bure had enough and personally and single-handedly relegated him to being a career backup)

1. why the fffff is john paddock trying to bring back hitler’s moustache and haircut combo?

pretty much.

don't forget "hello... numminen"

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017

What about Sandlak hitting Davydov into the cameraman..oh er cameraperson!

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
the oilers history makes the most sense if you assume they are being messed with by the fates. first they got unbelievably lucky in the personnel moves they made, now they get unbelievably lucky in the draft picks they are given only to have everything turn to ashes in their mouths.

They entered the league with ownership of the greatest player in history. People thought the Knights got a 'favorable draft'... well how about a team scooping the best player ever before he's available for a NHL draft...

I call the Oilers situation now : The Gretzky Tax.

Its a debt that can never be paid off. Sorry Connor. You being there and teasing the market for the next decade without any tangible team success will be the largest deposit towards the debt the Oil owe for Gretzky and the 4-5 cup dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad