Former Canucks: Players & Management (Kevin Bieksa retirement watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Canuck GDTs over there are pretty good, there isn't really much else there aside from GDTs. More light hearted banter than analysis or arguments. You'll probably get a more enjoyable experience in those than the 4 pages over here anyway. I wouldn't usually say this because only losers talk about muh 4chins but HFCanucks posters really deserve some joy in their lives :(
canucks gdts on /hoc/ are just "lol i trol u" dumping his entire reaction picture folder and people talking about kippers

Most of it is just memeing/greentexting/shitposting sprinkled in with some insight but analysis isn't really a thing on 4chong. Grew out of shitposting there after I turned 16 tbh

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
The **** you talking about?

"Losing to L.A. in the 3rd round...blah, blah, blah?

After the spring of 2011 it was a gong show, pure and simple, some bloody plan that is. "Hey, Dude you've failed your drivers test 3 times in a row, but I like your plan"

All of the Gillis/Canuck peer group at the time continued with some success here and there post 2011 except the Gillis plan, which trended to awfulness until he was fired. Great plan. The Kings, Bruins, Blackhawks all continued to make it back to Lord Stanley, while Mr. One Kick at the Can faded into obscurity. Lovely plan. Where can I get a plan like this?

Why are you quoting me if you're not actually responding to what I said? Were you replying to someone else and you quoted me by accident?

If you missed the Art Ross by 30 points it's bad. If you miss the Art Ross by 30 points to Gretzky it's not that bad. If you lose in the 1st round to an average team that is eliminated soon after it's bad. If you get eliminated by the eventual Stanley Cup winners it's not that bad. Do you understand? Losing in the 1st around against the eventual champions means you were eliminated by a, theoretically, better team than if you were eliminated in the 2nd/3rd round against a team that didn't win.

Also this team has gone it's entire history without a single championship and Gillis brought this team as far as anyone else. If you think no cups = bad GM then you must hate a lot of GMs in this league. In fact Benning hasn't even won a cup as a GM, he won the cup as an assistant in charge of scouting with his picks not making a significant contribution. Why are you such a Benning hater?

Reactions: The Extrapolater

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Why are you quoting me if you're not actually responding to what I said? Were you replying to someone else and you quoted me by accident?

If you missed the Art Ross by 30 points it's bad. If you miss the Art Ross by 30 points to Gretzky it's not that bad. If you lose in the 1st round to an average team that is eliminated soon after it's bad. If you get eliminated by the eventual Stanley Cup winners it's not that bad. Do you understand? Losing in the 1st around against the eventual champions means you were eliminated by a, theoretically, better team than if you were eliminated in the 2nd/3rd round against a team that didn't win.

Also this team has gone it's entire history without a single championship and Gillis brought this team as far as anyone else. If you think no cups = bad GM then you must hate a lot of GMs in this league. In fact Benning hasn't even won a cup as a GM, he won the cup as an assistant in charge of scouting with his picks not making a significant contribution.

There you have it - The Plan

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
canucks gdts on /hoc/ are just "lol i trol u" dumping his entire reaction picture folder and people talking about kippers

Most of it is just memeing/greentexting/****posting sprinkled in with some insight but analysis isn't really a thing on 4chong. Grew out of ****posting there after I turned 16 tbh

Thanks I am feeling really old now as I didn't understand even half of what you were posting. What is a /hoc? What is greentexting? What the heck is a 4chong?

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford

Most of it is just memeing/greentexting/****posting sprinkled in with some insight but analysis isn't really a thing on 4chong. Grew out of ****posting there after I turned 16 tbh
This 4chan stuff is embarrassing. Maybe don't post it.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
This 4chan stuff is embarrassing. Maybe don't post it.
I'm just saying it's a pretty garbage board filled with racism/shitty gimmicks that only really appeals to 14-16 year olds. Felt like the chef troll would fit right in there. We can stop though, yeah.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter10

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
In an alternate universe where the Nazis didn't exist, the swastika is a cool looking shape.

Actually the swastika pre-dates the Nazi regime by about 12,000 years. Just another example how recent history can change the perception of something that was a very common thing in a rather big part of the world before. Now it's just the symbol of pure evil

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
That's one of the things he did, yes. When he was Canucks director of media and public relations. It gets overshadowed by his work in Edmonton, but I think its worth remembering

why is it worth remembering other than as a totally classless way to try and denigrate the guy?

he did that job for a couple of years then got promoted into operations which he did for a decade before he got the oilers gig.

Reactions: Nomobo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->