GDT: FOOTBALL! Turkey Day Edition - College, Pro, etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Pretty convenient how they can just throw the meat head under the bus with no real repercussions for the organization as a whole and have this benefit them.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Pretty convenient how they can just throw the meat head under the bus with no real repercussions for the organization as a whole and have this benefit them.

Yeah I see coaches and organizations fined for not wearing masks, but if they say the strength and conditioning coach ignored protocol and was responsible for a prime time game being postponed there aren’t repercussion?

It’s not surprising that the NFL lacks any sort of consistency, but c’mon.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m sure the Ravens will be fined—the NFL will see that as a just repercussion (it’s not )...as for the game, it will either be played with Ravens who have not tested positive or been in close contact with those who have, or the NFL will have to move it to a newly created week 18...it will not be forfeited

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I just hope they play the damn game on Sunday. Moving to Week 18 would suck considering the Ravens would get players back, the Steelers could potentially still have the 1 seed and not get a bye essentially. Just sweep their asses like the Ravens swept theirs last year and get on with the rest of the season.

Edit: apparently the Ravens positive test today included just one coach.

Reactions: Andy99

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Apparently the Ravens conditioning coach ignored symptoms and didn’t wear a mask...and there are more positives than the current 7 reported.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I mean I've been a Steelers fan my entire life and I remember every season since I was 8 years old in 1983 (The Lions pounded the Steelers on Thanksgiving 45-3 that year, incidentally). The Lions have had a team worth watching MAYBE 15 of those years. And now, I think in part because they are on every Thanksgiving, my son has decided that the Lions are his second favorite team. Poor kid.

Reactions: KIRK

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
15!

no effin way. Unless you are counting the Barry Sanders years because Barry was Barry.

How many of those years have the Lions gone into the Thanksgiving game above .500. I’m thinkin 5.....maybe.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
15!

no effin way. Unless you are counting the Barry Sanders years because Barry was Barry.

How many of those years have the Lions gone into the Thanksgiving game above .500. I’m thinkin 5.....maybe.

Barry played 10 years and they were a competitive team most of those years. The years they weren't, then yeah Barry was Barry. I'm giving them credit for being watchable 5 of the Megatron years. That's probably overly generous.

Edit... yeah, now that I looked at their records during Johnson's career they had one 10-6 season and were trash the rest. Also, the Lions with Barry were way more up and down than I remember, 11-5 to 5-11 to 10-6 to 6-10 basically the entire time he was there. So, were' talking like 7 years of overall quality in 38 years.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Barry played 10 years and they were a competitive team most of those years. The years they weren't, then yeah Barry was Barry. I'm giving them credit for being watchable 5 of the Megatron years. That's probably overly generous.

Edit... yeah, now that I looked at their records during Johnson's career they had one 10-6 season and were trash the rest. Also, the Lions with Barry were way more up and down than I remember, 11-5 to 5-11 to 10-6 to 6-10 basically the entire time he was there. So, were' talking like 7 years of overall quality in 38 years.

Sanders is my favorite player I ever watched. No one before or since could do the crazy shit he did.

It’s sad he played for such a losing org while a guy like Smith lucked into a dynasty in Dallas.

Sanders didn’t care about stats... didn’t care about showboating... just wanted to win.

He had enough of losing and walked away, even though he was right on the cusp of breaking the all time career rushing yardage record.

I’m 100% sure we are never going to see someone with his insane talent and humble nature again.

Reactions: Selfish Man

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
No football on today. Steelers fans will complain then turn these garbage games on and talk about how much they suck. Meanwhile gave the NFL the view and ad revenue they wanted. Turn the garbage off. Steelers fans have no backbone. No other fan base gets pushed around like this.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
No football on today. Steelers fans will complain then turn these garbage games on and talk about how much they suck. Meanwhile gave the NFL the view and ad revenue they wanted. Turn the garbage off. Steelers fans have no backbone. No other fan base gets pushed around like this.

upload_2020-11-26_14-38-34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia