GDT: FOOTBALL! Turkey Day Edition - College, Pro, etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
If lobbying works the Steelers better get on the phone to have the game be played Sunday no matter what... because I think it's getting moved again and the Steelers are going to get f***ed out of another week of rest or, worse yet, cancelled and the NFL will go with the horseshit 8-team playoffs with no bye week for the #1 seed.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I think moving this game to Sunday was the obvious and sensible thing to do. Not sure why people are getting so upset over this decision.

And IMO it's better for the Steelers. Historically, there is a higher % of injuries during a Thursday game. Players need rest. Our players need rest.

Reactions: Pengwins

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I think moving this game to Sunday was the obvious and sensible thing to do. Not sure why people are getting so upset over this decision.

And IMO it's better for the Steelers. Historically, there is a higher % of injuries during a Thursday game. Players need rest. Our players need rest.

I was thinking the same thing, other then not getting a full day of football, this one doesn't hurt as much as the last one and they will get more rest.

The only thing that is BS, the team that has the Covid gets a break, whereas the players with it should have to sit out, while the other compliant team gets screwed.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I totally get why the Steelers players are pissed. They've spent the week doing prep for a short week. They'd normally have Monday off and instead they had to practice. They'd also get extra rest after the Thursday game and now that's out the window.

I think fans are mostly pissed because it feels like the Ravens are getting a break and that whiny bitch Harbaugh whined and bitched his way to this decision.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I love that it's our f***ing fault the Titans and Ravens had outbreaks. Like f*** that. Forfeit or play with who you have. Unless it's playoffs then I understand.

And let me tell you.. if the Steelers have an outbreak, i say the same thing. Play with who you have or there is a loss.
Exactly. They should have to play with who is healthy.

Reactions: ColePens

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Man this sucks. It's been a long time since I was looking forward for a primetime game this much. Would have been an amazing Thanksgiving evening.

I hope this lights a fire under their ass and they come out blazing on Sunday. Make it hurt and then let these whiny bitches with a short week to lick their wounds.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
No fans allowed at Heinz Field this Sunday. Probably going to be that way for the remainder of the season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So when Ben could have had covid, they were going to make us play, yeah?

When these f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in Baltimore get it, the game has to be postponed?

Wow.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
So when Ben could have had covid, they were going to make us play, yeah?

When these f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in Baltimore get it, the game has to be postponed?

Wow.

I'm pretty confident League will make good by fining the Ravens at least $1,000 for their transgressions. Lost difference in revenue from Thursday primetime and Sunday afternoon might be more fitting.

Reactions: Selfish Man

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I know it is late, but f*** the Bengals. I knew they were going to get Burrow killed.

That franchise doesn't deserve him.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I know it is late, but f*** the Bengals. I knew they were going to get Burrow killed.

That franchise doesn't deserve him.

They're aiming at a very high pick this year, so maybe they sign a LT to protect him. It's not like they didn't have an all-Pro LT a while back that they were too cheap to pay and let go.

Mike Brown keeps the Brown family extremely wealthy and the Bengals in perpetual ineptitude.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
how does this screw the Steelers? Those rayvens players that tested positive still have to sit out right?
The shit birds push a game out when the other team was prepping to play the night they were scheduled to, that has ramifications on prep, mental game, etc.

I mean, we all thought the Titans having that same issue would result in the Steelers coming in and destroying them, wasn't the case. It just seems pretty f***ing unfair that the Steelers had no talk of postponing the game when Ben was getting tested, but the Titans and Ravens caused the Steelers to push the game they were expecting to play, out, f***ing up their Bye week, etc.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
AND, the new “guidelines” that take effect on capacity at stadiums and such, do so on FRIDAY, thus no fans will be allowed at Sunday’s game that would have been there tomorrow night. Another advantage to the Ravens...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
AND, the new “guidelines” that take effect on capacity at stadiums and such, do so on FRIDAY, thus no fans will be allowed at Sunday’s game that would have been there tomorrow night. Another advantage to the Ravens...

I’m pretty sure those 5k fans weren’t going to be mistaken for the 12th man or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad