GDT: FOOTBALL! Turkey Day Edition - College, Pro, etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm not talking about how the Steelers are doing, it's a comment of the quality of the game. This is genuinely heinous of a game. The entertainment value of this game has been non-existent.

I mostly watch football games for entertainment, not because I'm a die-hard steelers fan. This game was awful from my POV and I really struggle thinking of another game on par with this.

Well pretty much confirms what I said... you haven’t seen many Steeler games under Tomlin if you thought this was bad and not entertaining.

This was pulse pounding action compared to Tomlin Specials of the past.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Collinsworth and Harbaugh are now COVID experts. Why are the producers letting this moron speculate like this? So irresponsible.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I actually for once... Can’t believe I’m going to compliment the Ravens. I’m impressed with how that defense performed given the circumstances. I’ll brag the win but also give it up to that side of the opposition they gave it 100%.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Hopefully our wr’s dont continue to impersonate limas sweed.

Well this was their first prime time game. I think it was more mental than anything. Glad we got this out of the way. And it took 12 weeks for us to have our first prime time game(yeah only at 3:40 but its a game where whole nation is watching is my point)...i dont think Ive ever seen the Steelers have to wait that long

Ive been saying all season that DJ and Claypool are great but knew they needed as much experience as they can get since this is both of their rookie seasons with Ben at QB. And we saw what happened against GB in the SB with Sanders and Brown as rookies. Did absolutely nothing for us. Lost because of it. They both broke out the very next season.

Alot are wondering why Claypool and DJ are being targeted way more than others and I think thats a big reason why. Fitchner did mention when asked.."we trust JW , we know how reliable he is" why Washington isnt used as much. I think we will be seeing a lot more from him come playoff time. We know Juju is reliable.

This game being pushed back so many times...the rivalry. Not wanting to lose to a depleted Ravens team...imo the WRs treated this like a playoff game and they failed. So Im glad they got it out of the way. Glad they got some of that experience of that " extra pressure"...mentally. Rather than just using their talent and making plays like they did all season.

Like I said...we didnt even have a primetime game all year. Thats weird for the Steelers. Luckily got two more coming up as well.

All I care about is Defense staying healthy and the offense getting more experience.

First things first is seeing how bad the Dupree injury is.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Well pretty much confirms what I said... you haven’t seen many Steeler games under Tomlin if you thought this was bad and not entertaining.

This was pulse pounding action compared to Tomlin Specials of the past.

I watch football for entertainment purposes. I don't really care how specifically the Steelers do because I'm not a huge Steelers fan. In terms of entertainment value, this game was horrid. The loss to the Jaguars in the playoffs may be a "worse" loss in the eyes of Steelers fans, but this game was the worst I've seen in a long time in terms of entertainment.

Tomlin being an idiot in the eyes of some doesn't really have anything to do with entertainment value for me.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I think the Steelers need to do what they need to do to keep JuJu. He’s just been so clutch this year.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
If the offense executed this was a route. One or 2 defensive lapses is all that kept the game close outside of that.

I’m just glad the ravens are 6-5. Regardless of how they got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad