OT: FOOTBALL! Steelers, THE Ohio State Buckeyes, PSU, PItt, RMU, Cal-U, CCAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Replacing Colquitt makes sense. He’s statistically one of the worst punters in the league this year. Replacing him with Berry is definitely a bit of a head scratcher though.

Reactions: Andy99

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I don’t want to be negative but I don’t have a good feeling about this Titans game. I think it’ll be close down to the very end. But I just feel Titans squeak out a win and give us our first L for the year.

Reactions: Andy99

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Like I said earlier. We only need to win like 4 more to make the playoffs. We’re gonna wind up going 11-5 or so, I think. Which is fine by me.

The L’s will come.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I don’t want to be negative but I don’t have a good feeling about this Titans game. I think it’ll be close down to the very end. But I just feel Titans squeak out a win and give us our first L for the year.

I don't think it's being negative. Last I checked, Vegas had the Titans -1.5, so they're saying the Titans win a squeaker too.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Steelers won their superbowls in years when they didnt have a bye. The 13-3 seasons we didnt.

Not worried about losing to the Titans. If anything it may help us in the long run. Especially if the defense(not having Bush) is the main reason. Letting up over 100 yards to Henry...Tannehill having a great game. Colbert would be convinced to make a trade for someone to fix that.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Like I said earlier. We only need to win like 4 more to make the playoffs. We’re gonna wind up going 11-5 or so, I think. Which is fine by me.

The L’s will come.
You think a 5-0 team will end the season 6-5? That's a bold prediction. Especially considering we still get to play Jax, Dallas, Washington, Cleveland, and Cinci x2.
If all stays the same (which it won't), the only time the Steelers will be an underdog will be in Baltimore.

If Ben stays healthy, I predict 13 wins.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
You think a 5-0 team will end the season 6-5? That's a bold prediction. Especially considering we still get to play Jax, Dallas, Washington, Cleveland, and Cinci x2.
If all stays the same (which it won't), the only time the Steelers will be an underdog will be in Baltimore.

If Ben stays healthy, I predict 13 wins.
Not saying I don’t see it as a possibility, but I’m expecting a little slump at some point. Just saying I’d be happy with 11-5 if that’s what it came to.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
f***ing @Rossi Rat and his PSU team always making my buckeyes do all the work. My goodness.

And now if PSU wins next week, they just ruin everything.

Reactions: KIRK

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
In this thread - we can have friendly rivalries. We can commit to the fun part of sports where we are enemies one day, but friends the next. We can enjoy in banter that doesn't push over the line.

However... this is not the thread to debate anything more. This is not a deep dive of PSU and the topics that have been discussed ad nauseum in the past. All it does is lead to really really really bad stuff. So let's please keep this thread relatively fun.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
In this thread - we can have friendly rivalries. We can commit to the fun part of sports where we are enemies one day, but friends the next. We can enjoy in banter that doesn't push over the line.

However... this is not the thread to debate anything more. This is not a deep dive of PSU and the topics that have been discussed ad nauseum in the past. All it does is lead to really really really bad stuff. So let's please keep this thread relatively fun.

See what happens when we include CFB. Should be strictly Steelers :cool:

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
See what happens when we include CFB. Should be strictly Steelers :cool:

Mix Yinzer with PSU alumni....

276372018-tumblr_ljo52oodtG1qauetjo1_500.gif

12-monkeys-crazy-2-o_thumb.gif

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
And if we're listing local college football teams, WVU should be on there instead of OSU. I've never met a single OSU alum here, but there is a massive WVU network in the area since the school is only 1 hour away.

In terms of Power 5 alums in the area in my experience, I think it goes as follows:
1. Pitt
2. PSU
3. WVU
4. Temple
5. Michigan

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And if we're listing local college football teams, WVU should be on there instead of OSU. I've never met a single OSU alum here, but there is a massive WVU network in the area since the school is only 1 hour away.

In terms of Power 5 alums in the area in my experience, I think it goes as follows:
1. Pitt
2. PSU
3. WVU
4. Temple
5. Michigan
Uhhh.. hello? Me? And a few of us here too.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I believe that this will be the game that the shine begins to come off for Tomlin and crew. So far he hasn’t lost to teams that he should beat, so baby steps I guess, but this stretch coming up will really show who and what this team is.

He’s going up against another Belichick alumn, who has a history of using obscure rules to his advantage and win games. He has a beast at RB, a more than capable QB with weapons, and a solid O line. Might me a little weak on D but more than capable.

This is the type of game where Mikey T overthinks it and tries to outsmart the opposing coach. Instead of playing to his strengths and minimizing weaknesses, I wouldn’t be shocked if he pulls another headscratcher move, thinking he’s “tricking” the other team.

Look for him to empty the box against Henry because in his mind, the Titans will never see it coming. Once Henry gashes them repeatedly and Tennessee goes on multiple long, clock eating drives for scores, it’ll be too late. On offense, look for more conservative playcalling, and instead of attacking the Titans’ weakness in defense, he’ll once again try to “trick” then by playing right to their strengths, hamstringing the offense until they are too far behind to catch up.

The key to beating Tennessee will be to getting ahead early and building on that lead. Make Tannehill best you through the air and bit let Henry take over the game.

But hey, we do what we do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad