OT: Food Glorious Food thread.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Chilis, ground round, and bugaboo are/were all so damn good. Bugaboo had amazing bread and their burgers were always great too. Chilis is still one of my favorites. Chips and salsa are top notch!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Steakhouses are usually overpriced for what they are (even the chain ones like Longhorn), but once in a blue moon it really is worth it to be able to sit there with the family and enjoy a meal like that.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
And in the right thread....

Friend of mine is a personal chef and he sent me a recipe for asian lettuce wraps using ground turkey since I've been complaining about getting bored of my usual rotation. Been eating it as a bowl instead of doing the wraps because they kept falling apart on me. Super healthy, easy, and delicious (especially in the warmer weather since its refreshing/cool).

Slaw dressing is rice wine, honey, and a small amount of sesame oil (no mayo). Ground turkey cooked in a bit of sesame oil with ginger, onion & water chesnuts, then mixed in with soy sauce, hoison sauce, and black pepper. I warm up the turkey for 20 seconds in the microwave then mix in the slaw in a bowl as I eat it for a few days in a row.

Light, tasty, easy.

Reactions: Dabruins

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I will never get sick of doing variations of this. This was m’lady’s bowl, with 1 chicken thigh. Mine had 3, and some jalapeño slices, but i can’t take pics to save my life so hers will get the credit.

Attachments

• D3B191FD-8D34-4EF1-A8F9-B7DA663DAC21.jpeg
    D3B191FD-8D34-4EF1-A8F9-B7DA663DAC21.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: CDJ

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Grilled some steaks from our Butcher Box with some carrots. Used this rub I found at Trader Joe’s.

Add a baked potato and it was a nice meal!

66E9845C-9ECB-4AD0-A842-2C9AD0962DF5.jpeg
21435F65-81AC-4D1E-82E7-B2FB0C402042.jpeg

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I tried a buzzfeed recipe thing.

1/3 cup ketchup. Recipe called for 2
2/3 cup sugar free bbq. Recipe had 0
0 mustard. Recipe had a T i think?
1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar. Recipe called for 1/2 cup.
Little less than 1/2 cup brown sugar and white sugar. Recipe had a cup of each i think. (Wtf sugar content?)

mixed it all.

Chicken tenderloins, opened and flattened
Bacon. All the bacon
String cheese cut in half down the middle. Recipe said to use whole sticks but woof that’s heavy.

wrapped the chicken around the cheese. Wrapped the bacon around the chicken. Glazed it all again with the mixture. Baked elevated in a rack for 20 at 400. Flipped. Sauced again. Baked 10 more and broiled for a few minutes to crisp the bacon (which didn’t work anyway)

Very good. If i had to do it again i would’ve made an attempt to cut the sweetness and the vinegar. I’m not huge on anything vinegar so this was a tad strong.

Attachments

• E99A2E62-761C-4431-8BFA-38BF293747B3.jpeg
    E99A2E62-761C-4431-8BFA-38BF293747B3.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
  • B8A4F705-B127-4666-A93B-3AF326B5E05E.jpeg
    B8A4F705-B127-4666-A93B-3AF326B5E05E.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
@Kate08 theres a place in Weymouth that serves a coffee rub ribeye and it’s heaven. I get it every time. And i HATE coffee. Go figure. That looks delightful!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Right down the street from me. That's our go to place for family outings, work retirements, rehearsal dinners, etc. Never had a bad meal there.

great now I’m hungry and it’s not even 10am. They also run precinct whatever number down by the route 3 ramps, which i tried once and enjoyed but it’s not stockholders. They also have no windows in the place and i thought it made it feel too stuffy and like a basement. Stockholders is just fantastic though. Plus, if the wait is terrible, the 99 is across the street

Reactions: jgatie

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm cracking up at this lady who is making southern-style biscuits. She sounds like my grandma on the ingredients. "I don't know how much, just get you some" :laugh:

And 500 degrees?! :eek2:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Right down the street from me. That's our go to place for family outings, work retirements, rehearsal dinners, etc. Never had a bad meal there.

Wow...really impressive. Wish i could have one in the area. I'll make it a point in stopping by my next time in Boston.
I just had lunch, and my mouth is still watering from watching this amazing food...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Little less than 1/2 cup brown sugar and white sugar. Recipe had a cup of each i think. (Wtf sugar content?)

mixed it all.

Bacon. All the bacon
String cheese cut in half down the middle. Recipe said to use whole sticks but woof that’s heavy.

wrapped the chicken around the cheese. Wrapped the bacon around the chicken. Glazed it all again with the mixture. Baked elevated in a rack for 20 at 400. Flipped. Sauced again. Baked 10 more and broiled for a few minutes to crisp the bacon (which didn’t work anyway)

Very good. If i had to do it again i would’ve made an attempt to cut the sweetness and the vinegar. I’m not huge on anything vinegar so this was a tad strong.

looks tasty

Stomach gurgled watching the stockholders video

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

mixed it all.

Bacon. All the bacon

'The vinegar flavor may be strong but it is absolutely essential to tenderizing the meat and getting the fall-off-the-bone consistency.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Made garlic lemon chicken in the instant pot. Didn't look pretty, necessarily, but the flavor was good.

I haven't zested a lemon in years :laugh:

Reactions: TD Charlie

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I made outrageous brownies the other night after I made chocolate chip cookies that morning.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/outrageous-brownies-recipe3-1916679

I would rate them as moderate difficulty only because there are so many little steps. If you lay out all of your ingredients in order before you start, you will be ok.

My other tip is to melt the butter first then the unsweetened chocolate and finally melt the semi sweet chips gradually.

If you have poor air flow in your kitchen, open a window. Between using a double boiler and the oven, I nearly passed out from how hot my galley kitchen

I used a butter and floured 12x16" sheet pan and it made 30 3" brownies. I froze the ones I didn't give away and they now have a more fudge like quality to them which imo, is the best way to eat these.

full

Reactions: talkinaway

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Peanut butter BlackBerry Bars
From the Nytimes.
merlin_172489962_fcf16779-37cf-4807-814f-f20400990dd7-articleLarge.jpg

The love child of a juicy summer fruit pie and a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich, these family-friendly bars are perfect for a backyard picnic or an after-school snack. They’re super fast to make with an electric mixer, but you can also make the dough by hand: Just be sure the butter is very soft before you start, and mix with a sturdy wooden spoon or rubber spatula. To make easy work of pressing the dough into the baking dish, use lightly floured hands or the bottom of a flat measuring cup.
INGREDIENTS

• ½ cup/115 grams unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
  • 1 cup/255 grams natural or processed peanut butter or almond butter
  • ½ cup/110 grams packed light or dark brown sugar
  • ¾ cup/150 grams granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 ½ cups/190 grams all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 (10-ounce/285-gram) bag frozen blackberries, raspberries, blueberries or a combination
  • Flaky salt (optional)
Preparation
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8- or 9-inch square pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two of the sides.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Add flour, salt and baking powder and stir to combine.
  3. Press about two-thirds of the dough into the prepared pan. In a separate bowl, toss berries with remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Scatter berry and sugar mixture over dough, then crumble remaining dough over top, pulling it apart into big crumbs.
  4. Bake on the middle rack until golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Sprinkle with flaky salt, if using. Let cool completely before slicing into squares. Store, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I made outrageous brownies the other night after I made chocolate chip cookies that morning.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/outrageous-brownies-recipe3-1916679

I would rate them as moderate difficulty only because there are so many little steps. If you lay out all of your ingredients in order before you start, you will be ok.

My other tip is to melt the butter first then the unsweetened chocolate and finally melt the semi sweet chips gradually.

If you have poor air flow in your kitchen, open a window. Between using a double boiler and the oven, I nearly passed out from how hot my galley kitchen

I used a butter and floured 12x16" sheet pan and it made 30 3" brownies. I froze the ones I didn't give away and they now have a more fudge like quality to them which imo, is the best way to eat these.

full

:eek:

Do you ship to Nashville? :laugh:

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad