OT: Food Glorious Food thread.

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
Steamed a box cake in the instant pot, french vanilla.
cvX3BsW.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The lady friend made “meatball bombs” tonight. Sat me on the couch and told me to stay put for a half hour. I walk out to Grands rolls filled with cheese, sauce and meatballs. Sweet merciful crap these are unreal

oh and the other day she made Jiffy blueberry muffins. I swear these muffins are ghetto as hell and it’s like 65 cents for a box, but they are so good and i lived on these as a child. It’s been hard to find them.

My belly has had a good week

Attachments

• FBC27690-1AF2-4F2E-9E5D-9D4A130A6C37.jpeg
    FBC27690-1AF2-4F2E-9E5D-9D4A130A6C37.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2633A537-2EB1-4770-9963-BADA5FF12650.jpeg
    2633A537-2EB1-4770-9963-BADA5FF12650.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 8

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Wow...really impressive. Wish i could have one in the area. I'll make it a point in stopping by my next time in Boston.
I just had lunch, and my mouth is still watering from watching this amazing food...

Always been a sucker for a thick piece of roast beef au Jus , it looks awesome .

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Gonna make beef ribs tonight. I do pork baby backs all the time, and i think the prep is the same for the beef, but maybe longer cook time. My plan

Remove the membrane
in a shallow pan, seasoned to high heaven
Covered with foil tightly
350 for 90 minutes
Season/sauce/flip
Bake 15 uncovered
Season sauce flip
Bake 15 minutes uncovered.

same as i do for the porks, but just an extra half hour under the cover

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
the Bride roasts them in a tray with olive oil salt and pepper and then a little squeezed lemon. I like em.
I generally love vegatables but could never eat brussel sprouts. Had them prepared this way a couple years ago and they were great. Now I actually (occasionally) cook them myself. I recommend this recipe.

If you want to get frisky, fry up some bacon and crumble it up over them. I feel like that step moves it from 'side vegatable' to 'unhealthy side dish' though.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Threw a chicken leg quarter in the crock pot before I left for work, and on the fly decided to make an improvised buffalo chicken recipe by adding some vinegar, Tapatio, about a 2 TBSP chunk of butter, and a bunch of cayenne pepper powder on top of it. We'll see if it turns out okay. The butter probably isn't going to penetrate the entire leg and will only be topical, but if I take the drippings and boil them down to a saucy consistency, it could replicate a richer buffalo sauce.

Edit: Turned out decently, a little spicier than I thought but was good with a side of quinoa.

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
1248737A-6BEE-425F-9735-7BC8080F1EAB.jpeg
Absolutely nailed dinner if I do say so myself.

seasoned some nice center cut pork chops from butcher box with salt and pepper and got a good sear on them in a dry cast iron skillet. Basted in a garlic rosemary butter and popped in the oven at 400 for 8 minutes. Came out a perfect medium and juicy as all hell.

served with some roasted zucchini and summer squash and mashed potatoes.

tonight my husband told me he was thankful
I could cook :laugh:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I just discovered the greatness that is naan. I was at a store on the way home looking for some pita bread to have with my pork, but couldn't find any so went with the naan that looked similar, and man, it's good (and I didn't even heat it up as I suspect I should).

I'd say I generally like the Indian food I've tried, but I haven't really explored that cuisine outside of the obvious (curry, tandoori). I'll have to experiment with it, because I like a lot of the ingredients.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just discovered the greatness that is naan. I was at a store on the way home looking for some pita bread to have with my pork, but couldn't find any so went with the naan that looked similar, and man, it's good (and I didn't even heat it up as I suspect I should).

I'd say I generally like the Indian food I've tried, but I haven't really explored that cuisine outside of the obvious (curry, tandoori). I'll have to experiment with it, because I like a lot of the ingredients.

I just started exploring Indian food more and more in the last couple months myself. It’s fantastic and I don’t feel awful after eating it. I like Chicken Korma over rice a lot. Get some garlic naan and mango chutney (maybe an Indian mixed pickle if you wanna get really funky) with it and that sounds like lunch tomorrow now that I think of it. Although I wanna try some other stuff too. It’s all been really good

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad