Proposal: Following the Karlsson Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lol only deal I come close to entertaining for EK is really only Draisaitl package.

Sergachev+Point is not bad, would need another solid piece maybe 1st

But with Drai you know you getting a capable top 5-10 center in the game who's only 22.

Agreed .. Plus we want to include Ryan. and they want to get rid of Lucic... If there is a deal with the Oilers and it doesn't include Drai .. I would be very disappointed. Its a big piece for them to give up but I could see them wanting that McDavid Karlsson combo .

Reactions: Alex1234

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Agreed .. Plus we want to include Ryan. and they want to get rid of Lucic... If there is a deal with the Oilers and it doesn't include Drai .. I would be very disappointed. Its a big piece for them to give up but I could see them wanting that McDavid Karlsson combo .
What is it with Peter Chiarelli taking the Senators best defencemen?

We have to make sure he never hears about Chabot.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Far far too much smoke ,I only hope thats all it is....Going to be hard to root for a team ,that we all know once the talent starts asking for too much money ...Its gone

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
He's going to be traded. I don't blame anyone for wanting to leave with Melnyk as owner. He a ****ing goof

Exactly.

Just look at this organization. Why in God's name would he stay? He's not resigning here so we might as well trade him.

The teams been prepping us for a trade for a while now. It seems to be coming to a head. Well get to watch him win a couple cups for someone else.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Pierre Dorion is a super hard and super confident negotiater and I actually am super surprised at how far he’ll go in negotiating in the press.

These trade rumours to me are true, but just to get the EK camp thinking Ottawa will move on from him and they aren’t trapped in the negotiation.

That being said, I said the same thing about Turris and never believed he’s so that trade, so trying to understand the Ottawa Senators right now isn’t easy

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I've been consoling myself to the fact that Karlsson is as good as gone since Melnyk's outdoor game shenanigans.

Nothing that has happened since that day has done anything to convince me otherwise.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Heres an idea, if this happens the rebuild is in full swing.

You'll be able to tell pretty soon if thats true.

Rebuild the franchise, get some good solid young talent, and then by the time theyre getting decent you are moving into your new stadium.

Franchise takes a hit 1-2 years. Then its valued at what... .75 bil by 20-21/22? Sell it. Profit. Man Meylnk is really king of the long con

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Lol only deal I come close to entertaining for EK is really only Draisaitl package.

But with Drai you know you getting a capable top 5-10 center in the game who's only 22.
I don't even do that if I'm Tampa.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
This

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Yeah, but Lucics contract is a year longer than Bobbys...so both contracts are a wash. Erik for Drai feels like a poor deal for us.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
What team that needs a prime elite defender can afford to bring 13 soon to be 17 million in salary onto their team?

Demanding that Ryan goes with Karlsson absolutely kills his value.
They'd have to take Lucic or Ericsson back (as examples). That's the kinda deal they'd have to look for.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
If and when EK gets moved the return will be very underwhelming imo, it always has been for the Senators and always will be....see any trade we have made sending off a quality asset in the last 10 years.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
I think Erik wants to stay but not under the current ownership and if ownership isn't changing then he'll likely look to move after next year, unless Melnyk magically becomes a different person...he won't. So we need to at least get something back for him while we can. I do also think it's been true though that since Erik's been our best player for the last 5 years he's been put on a pedestal by the organization and it has led to some animosity from past players, so getting a refresh from that may not be the worst thing in the world losing his talent is definitely going to hurt short term though.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I think Erik wants to stay but not under the current ownership and if ownership isn't changing then he'll likely look to move after next year, unless Melnyk magically becomes a different person...he won't. So we need to at least get something back for him while we can. I do also think it's been true though that since Erik's been our best player for the last 5 years he's been put on a pedestal by the organization and it has led to some animosity from past players, so getting a refresh from that may not be the worst thing in the world losing his talent is definitely going to hurt short term though.
He will be either traded or signed by summer.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Draist lucic 1st for Ek + Ryan

Makes sense

Draft 2 good D in the top 10 2018 draft with EDM and our pick

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Draist lucic 1st for Ek + Ryan

Makes sense

Draft 2 good D in the top 10 2018 draft with EDM and our pick
Don't see him wanting to go to Edmonton. Even with mcdavid there

Vegas more likely

Status