Confirmed with Link: Foligno signs 6 Year, 33 Mil Extension

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Wonder if he could be seen as a "Horton replacement" or if Jarmo still wants to find another top line winger.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
As for the contract.........thats a lot of money for a guy with his career numbers and age, but he's certainly playing up to that contract this season. I would never doubt his character, I just hope his gas tank doesn't shrink after this season.

A lot of money for his age? :huh: I'm curious at what age you think it is more appropriate to pay big money. Younger than 27 it's RFA's. Older is less prime.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Wonder if he could be seen as a "Horton replacement" or if Jarmo still wants to find another top line winger.

As long as Jarmo can avoid NMC's we can probably fit another top liner - in terms of roster space and cap for the next couple years. After that, who knows, that's why we have to stay away from the NMC's.

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
YES!!! Foligno is my favorite player but I've been waiting for him to get an extension before deciding to purchase his jersey.

Now the only question I have is this... Will Foligno be named Captain at some point? Or is he a permanent Alternate?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
YES!!! Foligno is my favorite player but I've been waiting for him to get an extension before deciding to purchase his jersey.

Now the only question I have is this... Will Foligno be named Captain at some point? Or is he a permanent Alternate?

He's not even a current alternate because...Boll lol

Dobber

Jan 7, 2015
Pat Morris = genius

This is exactly the time to talk deal. His entire career is at it's peak right now today this very moment.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
As long as Jarmo can avoid NMC's we can probably fit another top liner - in terms of roster space and cap for the next couple years. After that, who knows, that's why we have to stay away from the NMC's.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-who-will-coach-maple-leafs-next/

18. Nick Foligno’s new extension includes a no-move clause to prevent against waivers for all six years. There is a no-trade for the first four, and partial protection for the final two.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
A lot of money for his age? :huh: I'm curious at what age you think it is more appropriate to pay big money. Younger than 27 it's RFA's. Older is less prime.

My hunch is, this will be the most productive season of his career. He's not old, but he's not young either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad