Pre-Game Talk: Flyers v. Lightning - 10/8 7:30

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Does anyone else think it's pretty ridiculous that Namestnikov is centering the fourth line? So much skill being SUFFOCATED! Is there any chance he plays top 9 minutes? I've always really liked him but I don't see how this situation is ideal for him or his development.

Suffocated...really? That is the word you are going with? Look at Kucherov, you will see Drouin breakout this year, and now Vladdy getting the same treatment...how about you say they are putting him in a situation to succeed and become a star like the other two. Watch and learn...

JS91

May 14, 2014
Can't wait for this game. My sleep schedule will get **** up once again, but I'm way too hyped to even worry about that. Can't wait to finally watch Drouin work his magic with Stamkos live.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
There might be no former lightning players playing tomorrow, but we'll see:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Can't wait for this game. My sleep schedule will get **** up once again, but I'm way too hyped to even worry about that. Can't wait to finally watch Drouin work his magic with Stamkos live.

I'm with you, I'm not sure how it will work this season but I'm going to try and watch as many games as I can.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Has there been an update on Hedman in a while?

They said that all TB players were accounted for practice today and everyone were wearing regular jerseys so I'm assuming that he's fine and will play tomorrow but they seem a lot more focused on the forwards so there isn't much talk about our 'd'.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
So did Koekkoek make the team and is he in the lineup? If he did that's pretty exciting.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
So did Koekkoek make the team and is he in the lineup? If he did that's pretty exciting.

The theory is he was kept up to put us up against the cap for LTIR purposes. AHL doesn't start for a while so he will be sent down when needed then.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Suffocated...really? That is the word you are going with? Look at Kucherov, you will see Drouin breakout this year, and now Vladdy getting the same treatment...how about you say they are putting him in a situation to succeed and become a star like the other two. Watch and learn...

I'm not sure how playing fourth line minutes with Boyle and Paquette is being put in a "situation to succeed"... especially when considering he centered the third line last year. Looks like they took more talent away from him and minimized his opportunities more than anything.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm not sure how playing fourth line minutes with Boyle and Paquette is being put in a "situation to succeed"... especially when considering he centered the third line last year. Looks like they took more talent away from him and minimized his opportunities more than anything.

Same situation Drouin was in - same situation Kucherov was in. It sucks, but thems the breaks when you play on a team this deep.

Who would you play him over? At center, are you going to play him ahead of Stamkos, Johnson, or Flip?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

He Centered the third line last year...in what planet? If by centered the third line you mean half the year as a first liner in the AHL and half the year in spot duty playing Wing then ok.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Paquette played center, Namestnikov was on wing unless Johnson was out, I guess he center Drouin/Killorn for a bit but that didn't last long.

He's being passed on the depth chart, I don't get the hype with him either, got good speed but he's small and very very easy to knock off the puck.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We expected Condra to play 4th line when we acquired him, but he played himself onto the 3rd line in camp and that line looks too good to break up. And Condra's pretty much the only guy you could slot Namestnikov over, with even that being very, very arguable.

Namestnikov is a good young player with loads of potential. But our top-9 isn't easy to crack right now. And we're not exactly in a position to move people out to make room for him.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Any info on pre-game action in and around the Arena? Been in Yucatan/Mexico for vacation and need to catch up! :laugh:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Any info on pre-game action in and around the Arena? Been in Yucatan/Mexico for vacation and need to catch up! :laugh:

Hope you had a great vacation, don't know if this answer your question but Joe Smith said this during his live chat yesterday:

Yes they are raising the banner, I'm sure you'll also see some sort of video tribute, reflecting their postseason run. There will be bands in Thunder Alley as usual, and some new food items at arena.

Been informed too that the Prince of Wales Trophy will be on the plaza at the arena for pre-game on Thursday, so there's something new that will be there for season opener

http://live.tampabay.com/Event/Live_Lightning_chat_with_the_Times_Joe_Smith_Oct_6_2015

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
machoman_gifs.gif

Damn. I'm all geeked up already 24 hours away. Can't wait to see some games in person this year!

GO BOLTS!!!!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
machoman_gifs.gif

Damn. I'm all geeked up already 24 hours away. Can't wait to see some games in person this year!

GO BOLTS!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I propose Rasslin' becomes our main theme this season. Post season avatars already picked out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad