Pre-Game Talk: Flyers v. Lightning - 10/8 7:30

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Get hyped people. 52.5 hours away.

Hopefully Johnson is ready for game time. I like our chances, though. Their D is pretty brutal and they don't have a lot of forward depth. Hopefully we come out hungry - points in October are worth the same amount as points in March.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Also - really hope the banner ceremony is short and not too congratulatory. Don't like celebrating second place.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think a ceremony and a raising is totally in order, but I agree, I hope there isn't a whole long highlight video and crap for it.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
machoobama.png

LightningStrikeAgain

Apr 27, 2015
Guys ill be at the blue carpet event Thursday! Been the last 3 years but if you have a question you want me to ask anyone of the guys let me know! I plan on asking kucherov about when he can get Nikita gusev to come over and play with us.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Guys ill be at the blue carpet event Thursday! Been the last 3 years but if you have a question you want me to ask anyone of the guys let me know! I plan on asking kucherov about when he can get Nikita gusev to come over and play with us.

I'm pretty jealous :cry: I don't have a question but if you see Vasy let him know that we're hoping to see him healthy soon.

SchennSational1022*

I'll be here! (as a Flyers fan though). Student at UT and the area and arena itself here is great. Lightning to an amazing job with fan experience/customer service.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Forgot about that. Let's just rest Kucherov and Drouin and just about anyone else who might skate with their head down.

It's kind of funny, but I had some legit nerves pop up when you mentioned that. Shows that, if nothing else, Gudas has a presence.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Does anyone else think it's pretty ridiculous that Namestnikov is centering the fourth line? So much skill being SUFFOCATED! Is there any chance he plays top 9 minutes? I've always really liked him but I don't see how this situation is ideal for him or his development.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Does anyone else think it's pretty ridiculous that Namestnikov is centering the fourth line? So much skill being SUFFOCATED! Is there any chance he plays top 9 minutes? I've always really liked him but I don't see how this situation is ideal for him or his development.

Honestly I expect him to be a healthy scratch tomorrow. Flip might be moved at some point - frees up cash and a roster spot, but I guess we'll see.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

He's been better at C than on the wing so far, so if he wants to move up, he has to take someone's job (Filppula). Not easy to do, and I doubt he's the guy who'll do it (at least not soon), although it would be great for our salary cap if he could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad