Flyers to open 19/20 season in Prague

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Id be less annoyed at this if we didnt open the season on the west coast for the last 3 years. It also seems really stupid to just play one game over there...especially because theyll probably get a full week off before their next one.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Sucks since they always seem to start slow, but hopefully an actual NHL coach changes this. Regardless, I am definitely going to Lausanne and Prague!

Lausanne is actually an excellent pick and it's certainly no coincidence that this game will take place there. They have a new American investor, therefore the best team maybe in forever and a brandnew arena (vaudoise arena) with a capacity of 10'000. They should be a good test for the Flyers, too since they're a fast and skilled team and some of them even have NHL experience. No notable goons as of now so an ideal opponent for preseason. Lausanne is a beautiful city, too so if you guys have a chance to go, don't hesitate.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmvvpp

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I don't know if anyone is going to go. If you are I was reading in addition to having a passport you need to get a VISA. I ready by 2021 you must have the Visa and your passport to travel to the country your trying to get to and back.

I'm not sure how much that visa cost or how long it last, just something new I read. I'm sure if you google new Visa passport travel requirements you will find all info.

Reactions: pacehimself

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't know if anyone is going to go. If you are I was reading in addition to having a passport you need to get a VISA. I ready by 2021 you must have the Visa and your passport to travel to the country your trying to get to and back.

I'm not sure how much that visa cost or how long it last, just something new I read. I'm sure if you google new Visa passport travel requirements you will find all info.

Czech Republic International Travel Information

TOURIST VISA REQUIRED: Not required for stays less than 90 days.

??

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Typically you can get in a country with just your passport, but you can only stay 30 days (90 days some places).

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
It is a statistical anomaly in recent times how the Flyers never open the season in Philadelphia. It can’t be coincidence.

2009-Carolina
2010-Pittsburgh
2011-Boston
2012*-Philadelphia
2013-Philadelphia
2014-Boston
2015-Tampa
2016-Los Angeles
2017-San Jose
2018-Las Vegas
2019-Prague

Losing a “home” game for a gimmick in Prague isn’t really exciting me, especially considering it’ll inevitably be a contributing factor to a slow start to the season.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It's kind of annoying that it's the opener. Unless this game starts at like 10 PM local time, most of the fan base is going to miss at least a chunk of this one with it being a Friday game. And I doubt it's going to be a 10 PM start time in Prague.

Reactions: Lurch

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It is a statistical anomaly in recent times how the Flyers never open the season in Philadelphia. It can’t be coincidence.

2009-Carolina
2010-Pittsburgh
2011-Boston
2012*-Philadelphia
2013-Philadelphia
2014-Boston
2015-Tampa
2016-Los Angeles
2017-San Jose
2018-Las Vegas
2019-Prague

Losing a “home” game for a gimmick in Prague isn’t really exciting me, especially considering it’ll inevitably be a contributing factor to a slow start to the season.
I think that is by design, teams can make requests for how they want their schedule to break. Opening the season in the west is actually a pretty good strategy.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
A while ago I already put some Prague related details (Czech + I've been living there for over 4 years now) in the OT thread for @JojoTheWhale (I'll try to find it) - so if anyone has a question about this place, just ask me, I'll try to help. I'm not promising any genius advice, but I think I can help.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Reactions: kudymen

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I have posted this into the tickets thread, but it may be helpful here as well. Seems like a pre-sale is happening starting today.

Seems like a pre-sale is going on at ticketportal.cz - I have received a newsletter from NHL.com with information regarding the pre-sale. I would post the link but I am not sure if it is allowed by the NHL (copying the link).

The more expensive seats are on sale right now, from 3.490 CZK ($150) to 7.990 CZK ($350).

I have registered for the newsletter through this facebook post:

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Best beer in Prague? It's pub with name: U Tygra .. absolutely great Pilsner beer, best in the Europe.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Tickets - booked. Yay.

I am in the upper bowl but whatever - at least I am right above Flyers fan zone :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I should be there barring something massively unexpected. Going to be coming back from Japan just before that...

should be pretty awesome. Might do some press stuff around it either side, but want to watch the game "for real" as a fan. Not often the opportunity will come over here.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Got my ticket in Section 118 row 2 behind the net. Open for purchase at ticketportal.cz

PF

Aug 23, 2003
UK
Visit site
I got a couple of tickets for me and my brother but not sitting together, the website is awful. It's so hard to get tickets together and at one point I was hanging onto 6 tickets with no intention of buying most so I could try and get some sitting next to each other.

I may try again a bit later on the off chance that once this initial free for all dies down I can grab some sitting next to each other. If I can I might need a helpful Czech Flyers fan to give me some pointers on where I can resell the additional ones legitimately.

I've been to a bunch of the European games and never had the chance to see the Flyers so I was pretty excited, this is by far the worst method of ordering the tickets I've come across out of the 6 or so games I've done.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
You can be angry about giving up a home game but I will be there (just bought one of the last tickets) and try to turn it into a home game.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I got a couple of tickets for me and my brother but not sitting together, the website is awful. It's so hard to get tickets together and at one point I was hanging onto 6 tickets with no intention of buying most so I could try and get some sitting next to each other.

I may try again a bit later on the off chance that once this initial free for all dies down I can grab some sitting next to each other. If I can I might need a helpful Czech Flyers fan to give me some pointers on where I can resell the additional ones legitimately.

I've been to a bunch of the European games and never had the chance to see the Flyers so I was pretty excited, this is by far the worst method of ordering the tickets I've come across out of the 6 or so games I've done.

The website is annoying, I have checked it today after the "gates opened" and it was really difficult to actually land a ticket I clicked on. I am uncertain about the conditions of reselling the tickets - but I might try to help if necessary

Reactions: PF

PF

Aug 23, 2003
UK
Visit site
The website is annoying, I have checked it today after the "gates opened" and it was really difficult to actually land a ticket I clicked on. I am uncertain about the conditions of reselling the tickets - but I might try to help if necessary

Thanks! I had the same problem, by the time I clicked on anything it had sold more often than not.

I've managed to get three in a row now, in the worst case I will have to swallow the loss on the other tickets but if I can resell them then that would be nice. It's been an expensive morning!

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I will be there!!! Sector 118, orange jersey with Giroux (and "A" on heart)!

LET'S GO FLYEEEEERS!

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia