Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What time was the event? 5:30 is usually when they do things.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Got my email at 5:29 that the skating was cancelled.

Event started at 5:30.

They knew about this issue long ago and didn’t bother to tell us.

TBF they notified the Staff there around 5:05-5:10... From the Line we saw the Flyers people come down the stairs and notify them of it... and then came down to the Line to talk to some people there, a little while after the Linc Staff told us about it and to bring our Skates to our cars, since they had no place nor way to store them.

Two young ladies in front of us knew one or two of the Flyers people and talked to them.

I sincerely believe that they made a decision after trying to make it work... but gave up on it after waiting as long as they could in hopes of it calming down.

As I said, Lindros apologized and told me how dangerous it was... and how they worried for the safety of their Fans... He sounded sincere and concerned.

The Flyers drop the ball often on details involving their Events... but I don't believe that to be the case here... I think they did their best, but decided to play it safe after waiting as long as possible... Yes, I suppose they could have pulled the plug earlier and apologized if the weather became safe... but better safe than sorry and regretful later.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
TBF they notified the Staff there around 5:05-5:10... From the Line we saw the Flyers people come down the stairs and notify them of it... and then came down to the Line to talk to some people there, a little while after the Linc Staff told us about it and to bring our Skates to our cars, since they had no place nor way to store them.

Two young ladies in front of us knew one or two of the Flyers people and talked to them.

I sincerely believe that they made a decision after trying to make it work... but gave up on it after waiting as long as they could in hopes of it calming down.

As I said, Lindros apologized and told me how dangerous it was... and how they worried for the safety of their Fans... He sounded sincere and concerned.

The Flyers drop the ball often on details involving their Events... but I don't believe that to be the case here... I think they did their best, but decided to play it safe after waiting as long as possible... Yes, I suppose they could have pulled the plug earlier and apologized if the weather became safe... but better safe than sorry and regretful later.

The police game that was scheduled to go on right before the event timeslot was cancelled at 11:45.

They knew.

Notice it said that the NHL cancelled it and not the Flyers themselves, that’s what their defense will be.

Reactions: flyersphan20

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
The police game that was scheduled to go on right before the event timeslot was cancelled at 11:45.

They knew.

Notice it said that the NHL cancelled it and not the Flyers themselves, that’s what their defense will be.

If that's being the case, it appears that they either wanted to screw with the Linc Employees and the Fans... they screwed with the Flyers Staff in attendance... or if is all a grand scheme of some unknown sort and the Flyers people there are very good actors.

It is very possible that the earlier Event... the Game... was unsafe, but they still hoped for having the promised Fan Skate, so didnt want to prematurely pull the plug until it was certain it couldn't proceed... and the dangers of flying off structure was the final straw, as Lindros alluded to.

In any case, we don't know... and we're merely debating conjecture, which is pointless... let's just hope the situation was more like my theories.

I'm sorry your brothers and other Fans were disappointed... the Event was really nice otherwise.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Did they get into whatever new features they have going on, other than whatever promo clip they posted on twitter?

You probably just got an email about everything.

I saw someone post that they got their invoice so I logged into my account and hit the invoice button. Haven't had chance to look at email they just sent.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

I saw someone post that they got their invoice so I logged into my account and hit the invoice button. Haven't had chance to look at email they just sent.
Just got my email. $4 more a seat per game... it's going to be a thought process

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I read part of it. Looks like I'm exactly the same as this year. Don't see much new in the way of benefits, just stuff that they don't seem to be doing this year, I'm guessing that's mainly because of the front office changes.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I read part of it. Looks like I'm exactly the same as this year. Don't see much new in the way of benefits, just stuff that they don't seem to be doing this year, I'm guessing that's mainly because of the front office changes.

You get 20% off concessions (new) and 20%, instead of 10% off, at the apparel stores. Also you get designated lines for concessions.

But yeah, when there were some games this year I struggled to get $16 TOTAL for my two tickets, I don't see the point in renewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad