Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
You get 20% off concessions (new) and 20%, instead of 10% off, at the apparel stores. Also you get designated lines for concessions.

But yeah, when there were some games this year I struggled to get $16 TOTAL for my two tickets, I don't see the point in renewing.
I chalk that last point up the the anger against Hakstol and the way they were playing. I hope with a new coach (not Gordon) that the team starts better next year

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I chalk that last point up the the anger against Hakstol and the way they were playing. I hope with a new coach (not Gordon) that the team starts better next year

There's dips in every season where you struggle to get any money for tickets.

The only value in being a STH is if they make the playoffs, and with every price increase they throw on us the value gets smaller and smaller.

Reactions: TheKingPin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You get 20% off concessions (new) and 20%, instead of 10% off, at the apparel stores. Also you get designated lines for concessions.

But yeah, when there were some games this year I struggled to get $16 TOTAL for my two tickets, I don't see the point in renewing.

Yeah, that's the cost of when the team isn't doing well and gets off to bad starts. If they got off to a good start and faded at least you have a chance, and then you have to sell all the rivalry games just to get a chance (hoping that a visiting fan buys in).

STH-only lines -- sounds good at first, but there's still a lot of those.

And the other thing is that with the renovations downstairs, like, that'd be nice to experience.

I expected to go up though so I could get furious on the phone with the guy.

The proof is kind of there and they can't deny it. Maybe I overpay if I buy a game off StubHub, but I'm so practiced at it now, maybe I overpay for something but I'm not losing it later.

tue66512

FLYERS STH
Jun 15, 2014
South Jersey
I'm in an upper level row 2 (shoot 1x) section and saw it jumped from $48 to $56 for next season. With the Flyers recent play I was back on the fence in renewing, but with the price hike I'm 100% out now. There really is no value in having season tickets anymore. The amount you'll save not having to buy full priced pre-season games and all the bs early season games and weeknight games, you'll still come out on top overall buying on a secondary site an hour or two before the game. The new arena renovations also do nothing for me. I couldn't care less about new dining options, bars etc. I actually go to watch the game. It's a shame because I had my seats for close to 10 years now (got them early 20s) thinking I'd be a lifer, but I know I'm getting suckered each and every year being emotionally attached to them.

Reactions: phlflyer1

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

There was no wide-spread Hakstol boycott. There was a brief period where it got better selling, which usually happens around the holidays, but they've won, what, like 16 out of 21 now? They went to the playoffs against the god damn Penguins last year and still undersold Game 6 (which was on a Saturday).

I went on StubHub the day after it went live this season and tickets in my section were already down 30%.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Sucks for the people who have seats in Sections 112-114 in the first ten rows. Their tickets skyrocketed since they're adding it to be All-Inclusive.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sucks for the people who have seats in Sections 112-114 in the first ten rows. Their tickets skyrocketed since they're adding it to be All-Inclusive.

Everyone should be paying around what the finals cost in 2010 from my estimation. They were $50 where I sit and now it's $48.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Also, i've been on the 9 month payment plan for last couple years, after the initial down payment in March they would always give you a break in April and start charging in May for the rest of the months.

That's gone. 9 months from March.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I mean, we split our games with people who pay what we pay so we don't feel the effects too hard of the secondary market, but there's no reason for a price hike when the team has been mediocre for years.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I mean, we split our games with people who pay what we pay so we don't feel the effects too hard of the secondary market, but there's no reason for a price hike when the team has been mediocre for years.

Someone had to pay for the arena updates and player salaries going up.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I also think they shorted a game on the invoices that they sent out. The invoice is for 43 games but unless they're doing one less preseason game it should be 44.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I also think they shorted a game on the invoices that they sent out. The invoice is for 43 games but unless they're doing one less preseason game it should be 44.
Or they are giving a free game (sarcasm) or maybe they didn't update their algorithm from this season due to outdoor game.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Someone had to pay for the arena updates and player salaries going up.

Sad fact of the matter is that the Renovations were in lieu of razing the WFC and constructing a New Facility... the Original Mortgage was expired and paid off... In essence, it was replacing the Old Mortgage/Facility with a New Mortgage/Renovated Facility; basically a trade off of Facility Expenditures from one period to the next... without replacing... and actually cheaper. The transition was to be seamless and merely keeping the status quo... basically no savings but no great increase in Facility Expenditures, and actually less than replacement.

There should be no need to pay for the Arena Updates... merely continuation of Mortgage Payments started twenty years back... So the Renovations should not be an excuse to increase the Revenue through Ticket Increases.

Player Salary increases in a Cap based on League Revenue should also not be used as an excuse.

However, the years of no PlayOff Wins... brought up by another here... is another story, as is the Seasons without PostSeason Games entirely... The big problem I see is the lack of Revenue from the great Cash Cow~Post Season Games and its associated Revenue, such as Concessions and Merchandise~is killing the Organization and therefore, its STMs.

Unlike other Businesses where Quality and Success drives the Asking Price... Lack of success in Sports lowers the Revenue and, to keep up with the cost of improving the Product, Revenue must be increased somewhere... So we who attend must pick up the slack of a Team that generates little to no Postseason Revenue... And simply put; that stinks.

This is my personal take on the situation... FWIW.

BTW... My increase was $7 per Seat, per Game... Next Season's Payments starting this month, before the Current Season even ends.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
My tickets were raised $8 a seat ($59 to $67). Annoying, but I’ll be back. I’m not trying to make money on the tickets. I go to 90% of the games and there is plenty of value in knowing where I’m sitting and having the tickets well ahead of time.

I know there’s been a lot of grumbling, but I’m also quite happy with all the additional events and gifts that the flyers do for their STM.

My only complaint was Hakstol still existed at the beginning of this season. That problem has been eliminated.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
What a joke that they had the balls to raise the prices 2 years in a row especially after this crap season. Won't have that Town Hall till after 1st payment is due I bet.
This could be it for me.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
What a joke that they had the balls to raise the prices 2 years in a row especially after this crap season. Won't have that Town Hall till after 1st payment is due I bet.
This could be it for me.

Anybody have any word on the Town Hall date... and if it is definitely a go this Season?

I believe it was mentioned early on... but I really couldn't swear it was... and I imagine it is not cast in stone that we will have one every Season... a few years back they did skip it due to crowded Organizational Schedule or something.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Anybody have any word on the Town Hall date... and if it is definitely a go this Season?

I believe it was mentioned early on... but I really couldn't swear it was... and I imagine it is not cast in stone that we will have one every Season... a few years back they did skip it due to crowded Organizational Schedule or something.

They mentioned it in an email dated October 3rd with Date TBD. Nothing since to my knowledge.

Reactions: Sawdalite

b10

Jan 26, 2012
My ticket prices remained the same ($48 per, section 206 row 13), but my invoice is also only for 43 games.

I'm likely done as a STH simply due to the secondary market being much, much cheaper. I do attend roughly 36-38 games per year, but I'd rather save the money and just buy through Stubhub an hour before the game and not have to buy the preseason games.

Also, I know some of you have already touched on the Town Hall, but what about the meet and greet with the team this year? I know last year they had it early on in the season, but we seem awfully late in the year to be having it now.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My ticket prices remained the same ($48 per, section 206 row 13), but my invoice is also only for 43 games.

I'm likely done as a STH simply due to the secondary market being much, much cheaper. I do attend roughly 36-38 games per year, but I'd rather save the money and just buy through Stubhub an hour before the game and not have to buy the preseason games.

Also, I know some of you have already touched on the Town Hall, but what about the meet and great with the team this year? I know last year they had it early on in the season, but we seem awfully late in the year to be having it now.

They're not having a meet and greet with the team this season. Their meet and greet 2018/2019 style was the community service day.

Reactions: flyersphan20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad