Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wow I assumed it just meant those were the bobble head nights...that sad. This organization sucks now. That sucks. Anyone else thinking about ditching season tickets next year even after Hak got fired?

I was almost definitely not renewing if Hakstol wasn't fired, but I'll wait to see the prices. The town hall meeting this year will go a long way towards that.

I have a luxury where I can afford it even if I'm paying more than it's worth, I know what my tickets are worth and can save money, but bottom line is that it has to be close and frankly as a 12-year STH there's been very little shown with regard to loyalty. And my relocation following the renovations did not go well.

And I never hear from my ticket rep either.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I was almost definitely not renewing if Hakstol wasn't fired, but I'll wait to see the prices. The town hall meeting this year will go a long way towards that.

I have a luxury where I can afford it even if I'm paying more than it's worth, I know what my tickets are worth and can save money, but bottom line is that it has to be close and frankly as a 12-year STH there's been very little shown with regard to loyalty. And my relocation following the renovations did not go well.

And I never hear from my ticket rep either.
I am only 3 years in but it’s been 3 years of garbage. I also can afford the seats but I have young kinds that are getting older and won’t be able to sit on our laps soon enough. No way I’m getting enough seats for everyone so I’m likely looking at a down grade anyway from where I’m sitting.

I’m going to pay the fee to keep the tickets and see what happens this offseason.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Is it just me, or do the new Seats in the Mezzanine seem to actually be a downgrade, comfort-wise?

I can't explain the reasoning but all Season, about halfway through the First Period, my legs start to cramp up enough to make it uncomfortable... Standing up once in a while, like for applauding the Service men and women, seem to relieve the discomfort for a while.

That said, I must note that over the summer I started using insoles for diagnosed Plantar Fasciitis... which does raise the insoles on my existing shoes.

Anyway, I was just wondering if any other Mezzanine STMs might have noticed anything negative since the new seating renovations... maybe like leg room differences.

On a somewhat related note; I still cannot for the life of me understand why they not only kept the useless Cupholders in the Mezzanine Seats... but continue to believe that that is a selling point. I have never seen anyone be able to use them when people are sitting beside them. At best I may use one when the two Seats next to me are vacant and I can place my cup between those two empty Seats. [/Rant]

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I said the same thing about the cupholder, it's useless if there's people sitting on either side. It's only useful if you're sharing $12 crab fries.

The cushions are firmer but I think the seats are just a tad narrower than the old ones.

Reactions: Sawdalite

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I said the same thing about the cupholder, it's useless if there's people sitting on either side. It's only useful if you're sharing $12 crab fries.

The cushions are firmer but I think the seats are just a tad narrower than the old ones.
My section is in one of the ends, so we have the social area up behind where I'm at. And I go up there to eat and usually spend the entire 2nd period up there. I realize that if you're down either side there isn't that luxury. If you're on the lower level, the cup holder is down in front of you and that's way better.

I keep hearing the same about the seats themselves, but I can't say I've noticed it myself.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
My section is in one of the ends, so we have the social area up behind where I'm at. And I go up there to eat and usually spend the entire 2nd period up there. I realize that if you're down either side there isn't that luxury. If you're on the lower level, the cup holder is down in front of you and that's way better.

I keep hearing the same about the seats themselves, but I can't say I've noticed it myself.

Please expand on that... do you hear people are unconfortable... how about anything about their legs cramping... or is it they are just more narrow that you're hearing about?

BTW; just to be clear on my Post... my legs are not cramping anywhere else with the insoles... so I think I can rule out the insoles alone... although I suppose wearing them in my Seats THIS Season, and in no prior Seasons, might mean that they do have an effect in my Seats... and may well have with the old Seats, before the Renovations.

I'm just curious if it's just me with the leg concerns.

Thanks in advance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Please expand on that... do you hear people are unconfortable... how about anything about their legs cramping... or is it they are just more narrow that you're hearing about?

BTW; just to be clear on my Post... my legs are not cramping anywhere else with the insoles... so I think I can rule out the insoles alone... although I suppose wearing them in my Seats THIS Season, and in no prior Seasons, might mean that they do have an effect in my Seats... and may well have with the old Seats, before the Renovations.

I'm just curious if it's just me with the leg concerns.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t hear that the seats are uncomfortable, I think one person felt cramped. But everyone who was there the first time felt they were smaller and by nature they’re going to feel cramped no matter what, and one of my friends who comes with me is pregnant so that won’t get better as she grows. I think the cup holders play a role there because you don’t have anywhere to put your arms except straight ahead and that’s not a natural position to sit. I am always on the end seat so there’s always extra room for me to move.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Officially reached the point where this organization is giving away free tickets....

complimentary.jpg

Reactions: Ruck Over

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Also, I went to the Sharks/Lightning game while I was out in San Jose this weekend, I was happily surprised that there was a Owen Nolan Bobblehead give away, and guess what? I didn't even need to buy a special ticket! Everyone that walked in the gates got one.

What a concept!

Reactions: TheKingPin

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Also, I went to the Sharks/Lightning game while I was out in San Jose this weekend, I was happily surprised that there was a Owen Nolan Bobblehead give away, and guess what? I didn't even need to buy a special ticket! Everyone that walked in the gates got one.

What a concept!

Here's the thing... these giveaways are sponsored... often with MULTIPLE Sponsors... Take the T-Shirts with like a dozen sponsors on each edition; going try and tell me the Flyers Organization actually is on the hook for cost on them? Hey, the Flyers Fan Club Members even distribute them at the doors, eliminating having to use extra Employees to do it.

I'm certain that there are plenty of Sponsors who would just love to have their Name and Logo displayed on such a keepsake as a Bobblehead that would be pictured on such places as eBay and in Collectable Shops... as well as in advertising for the Giveaway Games... It all should cost the Odganization like zippo bread. The whole thing should be aimed at what would sell more Seats... One would think that a hand outat the door to every TicketHolder would bring in more People than the way they're going about it.

But here's the rub... Who cares about the the already sold Seats owned by the STMs?... Try and get people to purchase additional Seats just to get the Bobbleheads!!!... What about the good karma attained by keeping the Loyal Fans happy??? What about Good Business Practices???

I know I'm preaching to the Choir here ... and to deaf ears in Broad and Patterson and Comcast/Spectacor[/Rant]

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Officially reached the point where this organization is giving away free tickets....

complimentary.jpg

What's with this Youth Hockey participation stuff?... Is it for people involved on Snider Hockey or Supporters of Philly Area Youth Hockey, or something like that?... I don't believe my STM Partner received that email... unless he just didn't mention it; we are not involved in Youth Hockey in any manner.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Going to next Saturday's game against Edmonton. I haven't been to a Flyers game in 12 years.

This isn't exactly a ticket-related question but I was wanting to know how long before the game they let you in the arena. WFC site said 90 minutes before the scheduled start time, is that accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia