Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Who knows if Bellemare even wants to negotiate an extension right now. I'm sure he would like a better understanding of his role moving forward.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I don't remember where I read it, but didn't Bellemare essentially only want to play for two teams, one of which was the Flyers? Dude seems to have a special place in his heart for this team, although in the end money talks.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Don't underestimate the importance of guaranteed money.

He could probably make more in the KHL if that's all he was concerned about. I'm just saying playing 4th line minutes may not be the most enticing thing for a 30-year old with options abroad.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don't remember where I read it, but didn't Bellemare essentially only want to play for two teams, one of which was the Flyers? Dude seems to have a special place in his heart for this team, although in the end money talks.

I think it had to do with his wife/girlflried or something. IIRC he was considering MTL becuase of the French connection and Philly had something to do with his significant other.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I think it had to do with his wife/girlflried or something. IIRC he was considering MTL becuase of the French connection and Philly had something to do with his significant other.
It was the other way around, the Flyers picked him. There were only two teams really interested, and he picked Philly over Montreal because his fiancee is American and can work in the US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad