Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
True, Raffl and Bellemare could get interchanged pretty easily too.

Bellemare played quite well for a first official NHL games, i liked his play on the PK (not enough), his interception and the way he gives the puck to Giroux (or Read?) for a breakaway. Can't wait to see more.

south jersey flyer

Jun 2, 2010
Lumberton, NJ
Bellemare played quite well for a first official NHL games, i liked his play on the PK (not enough), his interception and the way he gives the puck to Giroux (or Read?) for a breakaway. Can't wait to see more.

Agreed - I liked what I saw from him too.

He had one moment where he drove to the net while holding off a Bruins defender and he still managed to complete a drop pass to Grossmann, who ended up getting a good shot on net.

Solefool

Jul 2, 2013
That play where he was driving the net with a defender on his back and dropped off a backhanded pass to Grossman for a shot was pure strength and skill. This guy looks like a top 6 player. They need to move him up as soon as possible.

Not to mention blowing by Dougie Hamilton with pure skating speed at the start of the play.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Solid play by PEB last night. I wasn't blown away but he is definitely NHL caliber.

Exactly, nothing spectacular, but he did the lil' thing who matters. He will show that he's NHL caliber, he will have some down time this season for sure, he'll have to adjust. I wouldn't put him on the first line thought.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
How is his name pronounced? I don't remember how JJ pronounced it during preseason, and they were calling him "Belmar" last night. I had it in my head that it was "Bell-uh-mahr" or something like that. Can we get some insight from a Francophone?

Orthal

May 21, 2014
French here, Flyers'll have a lot of new fans from France with Bellemare in the team :)

Last 2 "e" are silent in his name, so "Belmar" is accurate.

Hope he'll do well in Philadelphia, Roussel had a pretty good season with Dallas, sad for us that Da Costa chose KHL instead of trying to earn a spot in Ottawa. Anyways, France's hockey improve everyear ! :handclap:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hopefully PEB will get some D zone starts with Schenn and Simmonds when Vinny is back.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wonder at what point the Flyers start working on an extension for PEB.

Raffl got his deal for two years at $1.1 million extension in March.

south jersey flyer

Jun 2, 2010
Lumberton, NJ
I wonder at what point the Flyers start working on an extension for PEB.

Raffl got his deal for two years at $1.1 million extension in March.

If the Flyers could sign him to a similar deal, that would be fantastic. He has exceeded my expectations so far and a 2 year deal would make him 31, but a "young" 31 since he would only have played 3 years in the NHL at that point.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Bellemare has appeared to be a really good possession player. Just really hard to get the puck from him. He's had a few monster shifts I can remember where he's had 2-3 guys on him at one time and won't cough it up. Excellent signing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
After Timonen (which was also a great contract), all of Hextalls FA signings so far have not only been bargain contracts, but have paid off in results. Aside from Ryan White who the jury is still out on.

-Ray Emery (1 year, $1 million)
-Michael Del Zotto (1 year, $1.3 million)
-Nick Schultz (1 year, 1.25 million)
-Carlo Colaiacovo (1 year, $625 thousand)
-Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (1 year, $600 thousand)
-Blair Jones (1 year, $600 thousand)

Now consider the fact that Holmgren gave Grossmann $3.5 million per on a multi-year deal.

Thank the lord for Hextall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad