Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign F Danick Martel (March 10, 2015)

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
He plays on the same line with Nikita Jevpalovs, Jevpalovs was invited to Flyers' training camp last summer.

Yep I thought so also. Jevpalovs and Martel seems to carry the team offensively. Its a pretty big jump between them and the others.

Jevpalovs signed with the Sharks two months ago.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I just watched him play over the weekend and he was the best player on the ice playing against Anthony Duclair and Adam Erne. Great move by Hextall again.

He got called for a penalty for shooting the puck after a whistle and scored on a breakway on Fucale coming out of the penalty box.

Last edited:

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
5'8 at 20, so there won't be a whole lot more growing going on. Looks like he doesn't mind a scrap either, should fit right in on the Phantoms then.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Cool signing. I don't know anything about him but seeing Gerbe and Ennis play against us it's kinda been growing on me the Flyers should pick up a small & speedy dude.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Love these moves. Low risk, high reward. Not using a draft pick, not trading anyone. The guy is small but if he can play, he can play. I just wouldn't get any hopes up as folks around here are known to do...

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Even if he's small, if he can play bigger and has the vision, hands and speed to keep himself from being killed in the big leagues, then even better.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Love these moves. Low risk, high reward. Not using a draft pick, not trading anyone. The guy is small but if he can play, he can play. I just wouldn't get any hopes up as folks around here are known to do...

I don't think its really necessary to try and bait people into an argument. Can't we just agree this is a great low risk signing?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Watched his team play the other night, he was flying around pissing the other team off.

Free assest & he should provide depth for the Phantoms next year so really no downsides.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Pretty sure he could already play in the NHL in a limited 4th line role. We could benefit from his speed.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Pretty sure he could already play in the NHL in a limited 4th line role. We could benefit from his speed.

Why would a player like this play the 4th line role? Because from everything I've seen he's either a 2-way player or bust. So 3rd Liner or higher.

Having said that, I don't think the Flyers would have signed him if they didnt think he had a chance to be an NHL player. If he progresses he could end up being a NHL player for sure, size is not as much of a factor as it used to be.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I know nothing about this guy, but you have to trust Nolet if he was the one scouting him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
As others have said...no risk...high reward.

We lack speed thru our whole organization...and that is being addressed. Who knows...maybe we catch lightning in a bottle with him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
5'8 at 20, so there won't be a whole lot more growing going on. Looks like he doesn't mind a scrap either, should fit right in on the Phantoms then.

With Laughton close to graduating, he could replace him next year in their top 6 and who knows what happens beyond that.

Tyler Johnson was Undrafted! :handclap:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Nolet isn't the primary scout out of the Q anymore. Todd Hearty is. Nolet might have scouted him but odds are Hearty did the bulk of it.

Ah, ok. Either way, the Flyers are money with the Q when most of the rest of the league sucks in that province.

The last 10 picks for the Flyers out of the QMJHL:
NAK
Morin
Couturier
Chaput
Tye McGinn
Nicola Riopel
David Labrecque
MAB
Kevin Marshall
Claude Giroux

That's pretty damn good, lol. Obviously, this guy still has a long way to go to reach the NHL, but I'll trust the Flyers if they have a good feeling about a guy in that league.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ah, ok. Either way, the Flyers are money with the Q when most of the rest of the league sucks in that province.

The last 10 picks for the Flyers out of the QMJHL:
NAK
Morin
Couturier
Chaput
Tye McGinn
Nicola Riopel
David Labrecque
MAB
Kevin Marshall
Claude Giroux

That's pretty damn good, lol. Obviously, this guy still has a long way to go to reach the NHL, but I'll trust the Flyers if they have a good feeling about a guy in that league.

Yeah the Q has been pretty good to the Flyers historically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad