Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign D T.J. Brennan (March 6, 2018 signing announcement in post #1)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Combination of factors.

Even with a deep farm system, between Europe and college, you're not going to have more than a half dozen real prospects on your AHL team, because the better ones are soon promoted and the marginal ones aren't going to make a difference, even at the AHL level.

Facilities and location matter, if you're a top AHL player, knowing you'll never make it back to the NHL, you want to leave in an area you might settle down, because $500-600K for 3-4 years buys a nice house and retirement savings. But you also want to have first class facilities, because that's where you spend the bulk of your time. Lehigh valley is an hour drive from Philly, two from NYC, and the Flyers are doing it first class - as the team plays better and builds local support, it should be a hot draw for AHL veterans.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
For those who don't know, TJ is from South NJ. He played at Moorestown High School.

Those who know Burlington County and were born around '87, '88, '89, '90, '91 all ran in pretty much the same circles / knew people who knew people who knew people kind of thing.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
And Morin can play the second with O'Neill. That likely won't happen though; they don't seem to like Morin playing the PP even though his slap shot is deadly.

This will only help all our young talent. Sam can keep progressing nicely and this takes any undo pressure off of Travis do to any injuries on the big club. I really admire the way Ron is running this ship. Winning breeds winning and it starts with our farm system. Sports fans we have a GM that other teams covet.:yo: The dog days of summer are here and unless something big pops up I guess 8-15 is the next date to keep a I on.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Watched him for years here in Rochester when i had Amerks season tickets.

He has an unbelievable shot from the point. Just absolute laser and is a great PP QB.

His problem is his decision making and D zone coverage. Its the one thing holding him back from being an NHL regular. Stick him with a stay at home guy though and he will flourish

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Watched him for years here in Rochester when i had Amerks season tickets.

He has an unbelievable shot from the point. Just absolute laser and is a great PP QB.

His problem is his decision making and D zone coverage. Its the one thing holding him back from being an NHL regular. Stick him with a stay at home guy though and he will flourish

A Pittsburgh fan, living in New York, posting in a Philadelphia section, with a username band from Boston...nice :sarcasm:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I am assuming Sam Car died and went to heaven with this announcement. He had been on the TJ Brennan and Bobby Ryan signing train for as long as I can remember for the shear fact they are from SNJ

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am assuming Sam Car died and went to heaven with this announcement. He had been on the TJ Brennan and Bobby Ryan signing train for as long as I can remember for the shear fact they are from SNJ

If that's true then the signing was already worth it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Carchidi talks about Johnny Gaudreau & Buddy Robinson a lot too. I believe they both went to Gloucester Catholic.

I mentioned Brennan a month or so ago when somebody brought up needing a John Slaney for the Phantoms again.

With O'Neill, Brennan, & Sanheim now I really hope they split up the Morin/Alt pairing.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Phantoms should be much more fun to watch this year.

Last season I didn't watch them as much towards the end (before the CHL guys got there) because it just wasn't entertaining anymore. Every AHL game seemed to be packed to the brim with penalties, and the Phantoms just didn't do anything on them because they lacked skill. Well this offseason has clearly addressed that issue. Stolarz was great most of the time but he had very little help from the PP and was constantly getting bombarded on the PK.

I'd especially love to see them go deep enough in the playoffs for CHL prospects to get to play and also Lindblom when his season is done.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Most of the games I watched if the stretch pass wasn't working for the defensemen it was a long night. They couldn't generate much offense unless off the rush. They had speed on the wings & they tried to exploit it a lot.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I cant imagine Manning is going to get much of a raise. Flyers get to pick the term of the award (1 or 2 years), so I imagine it would be a 1 year award with a walk-away should the arbitrator have some form of mental illness.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
Yep. PPL Center is like a small NHL arena. I've read nothing but great things about the facility and how the players are treated. No wonder we are seeing high end AHL players signing here.

Phantoms should be awesome this year. I'm really pumped for this season.

If anyone hasn't gone to a game yet I'd suggest going to one.
PPL Center is amazing. I love it. I moved up this way a few years ago. It's stunning. I love going there doesn't help we have a ton of solid prospects to watch up there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad