Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign D T.J. Brennan (March 6, 2018 signing announcement in post #1)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
March 6, 2018 update:

July 5, 2016:

More depth and top-line player for the Phantoms.

Last edited by a moderator:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also means that Sanheim doesn't have to be the #1 call-up if Ghost/Streit/Del Zotto get hurt.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Seems kind of unlikely Hextall plans to have MacDonald or Manning on the Phantoms now. That would only leave 3 development spots in the top 6.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I like that Hextall is surrounding the AHL kids with more talent to play with.

Success breeds success.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Really have to assume hextall has a trade in his back pocket now that there is just no room to send any of the regulars from last year or amac down.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Seems kind of unlikely Hextall plans to have MacDonald or Manning on the Phantoms now. That would only leave 3 development spots in the top 6.

There are only 3 now with O'Neil, Brennan, and Alt. So one of Sanheim, Morin. Willcox, and Hagg won't be playing each game.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
What a difference...remember another article where Hextall and Holmgren were watching the Phantoms and Hextall asked Holmgren how much of the team constituted players we drafted. Holmgren names maybe 3 players and Hextall's reaction was basically that is terrible and it has to change....

GLENS FALLS -- The Adirondack Phantoms had five years in Glens Falls and could not produce a winning season, never mind a playoff run.

The last two seasons were the worst in the franchise’s history with 69 and 68 points.

Who, or what, is to blame? Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said he is.

“The fact that they haven’t won, I think is more of a reflection of not enough skilled players,” he said. “That isn’t (Phantoms head coach) Terry (Murray’s) fault, that’s mine.”

A lack of skilled players was a recurring theme from Holmgren, Phantoms general manager Ron Hextall and Murray. It’s largely a result of the Flyers trading away the draft picks that would stock their minor-league affiliate.

http://poststar.com/sports/five-yea...cle_2e4fe462-c914-11e3-aa6c-001a4bcf887a.html

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And Morin can play the second with O'Neill. That likely won't happen though; they don't seem to like Morin playing the PP even though his slap shot is deadly.

He'll get his time on the PP.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What a difference...remember another article where Hextall and Holmgren were watching the Phantoms and Hextall asked Holmgren how much of the team constituted players we drafted. Holmgren names maybe 3 players and Hextall's reaction was basically that is terrible and it has to change....

Lack of draft picks didn't keep them from signing better AHL free agents, though. That should actually draw some better players in because they wouldn't be behind many prospects when it comes to call-ups. But it probably also has more to do with the facilities and situation the Phantoms were in at the time, as well. Lehigh Valley has quickly gained a pretty good reputation for that.

As I say that:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lack of draft picks didn't keep them from signing better AHL free agents, though. That should actually draw some better players in because they wouldn't be behind many prospects when it comes to call-ups. But it probably also has more to do with the facilities and situation the Phantoms were in at the time, as well. Lehigh Valley has quickly gained a pretty good reputation for that.

As I say that:

True...not sure if he brought that up too...but mostly it was about drafting and developing our own players...the way Devils used to do it..or maybe still do even after Lou Lam. What I recall. Either way he let the farm system atrophy.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA

As I say that:

Yep. PPL Center is like a small NHL arena. I've read nothing but great things about the facility and how the players are treated. No wonder we are seeing high end AHL players signing here.

Phantoms should be awesome this year. I'm really pumped for this season.

If anyone hasn't gone to a game yet I'd suggest going to one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad