Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers - November 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Klein is usually very good but today was a bad game for him. He will rebound. May be trying to do too much offensively.

When we can not connect a pass on a PP we need to dump the puck or let McD rush the puck over the blue line.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
So you've never, ever had a bad game in your entire life? You've never had an off day at something you are usually decent at? You think bc they get paid to do this, that they aren't capable of playing poorly, even while trying hard? Hop on that penguins bandwagon if you're going to come out of the woodworks every bad game. Have some perspective. Yes we sucked against Montreal, blew it against Boston and had a bad game against filthadelpia.The team is still leading the Metro and in the playoff hunt for christ sake. Stop acting like this team is fighting for a top 3 pick.

You do realize that kind of kills your "they had an off day" argument?

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
They looked like **** against Tampa and Montreal. That makes their good record almost completely meaningless.

So the season is over because we lost to Tampa and Montreal? Give me a break. Sure this team isn't playing up to its potential but to act like a few losses means the season is over is a joke. That record to start the season could be our ticket to making the playoffs. A ticket to the dance is all we can ask for.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The offense had an off day. This kind of defensive showing is not new at all. Guys wide open in front, getting shellacked in the 2nd period...see it often.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
You do realize that kind of kills your "they had an off day" argument?

Snowblind acts like this game is the end of our season. Bad games and bad losses happen to everyone. I reminder the Blackhawks sucked for stretches last year, the Kings the year before that. This overreaction on our boards is my biggest problem. I guess I need to stay off them.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The offense had an off day. This kind of defensive showing is not new at all. Guys wide open in front, getting shellacked in the 2nd period...see it often.

The absolving of the offense, all season, is a degenerate disease around here. Certain player on the offense, day in and day out --- guys that they were heavily depending on this year ---, have **** the bed more than anyone on defense. Kreider and Miller lead this brigade who rarely gets spoken about around here.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
In 25 hours this team's 5-on-5 scoring chance different has gone from -77 to -94.

-77 Still would have been last, Vancouver being at -71...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Snowblind acts like this game is the end of our season. Bad games and bad losses happen to everyone. I reminder the Blackhawks sucked for stretches last year, the Kings the year before that. This overreaction on our boards is my biggest problem. I guess I need to stay off them.

LA and Chicago at no point were getting outshot and outchanced by just about every team in the league.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The absolving of the offense, all season, is a degenerate disease around here. Certain player on the offense, day in and day out --- guys that they were heavily depending on this year ---, have **** the bed more than anyone on defense. Kreider and Miller lead this brigade who rarely gets spoken about around here.
The offense scores goals. They absolve themselves. Kreider is an inconsistent winger, he is what he is. Staal and his contract is much bigger issue. Team has $10M long term tied up in two guys who are glorified penalty killers most nights.

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Time for a closed door meeting, a bag skate and players getting yelled at in the Principals office. This is three straight games without a dancing flamingo in the post game thread

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Kreider has been terrible, no question. In fact I think the Rangers forward corps has a huge problem, they absolutely suck at generating offense in the Offensive Zone.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Time for a closed door meeting, a bag skate and players getting yelled at in the Principals office. This is three straight games without a dancing flamingo in the post game thread

Flamingo-Fail-2.jpg

Here's one drowning, if it helps.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

This team hasn't lost three games in a row in regulation in more than a year. Definitely a case of #firstworldproblems...

Could a streak like this be good for the team in the long run? Change has to come in order for the answer to be yes. Meetings, bag skates, and Tortsing people with words only mean anything if they provoke change.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The offense and their lack of cycle is definitely a big pending problem for the playoffs though.

It's talented but one-dimensional. I mentioned it in the blog. Who on this forward corps isn't an offense-first, pass-first, rush player?

I don't even think Hagelin is that good and nowhere near worth the contract he got but he added versatility. Cycler, volume-shooter, could play defense. We need to get that back for cheaper.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So you've never, ever had a bad game in your entire life? You've never had an off day at something you are usually decent at? You think bc they get paid to do this, that they aren't capable of playing poorly, even while trying hard? Hop on that penguins bandwagon if you're going to come out of the woodworks every bad game. Have some perspective. Yes we sucked against Montreal, blew it against Boston and had a bad game against filthadelpia. The team is still leading the Metro and in the playoff hunt for christ sake. Stop acting like this team is fighting for a top 3 pick.

I don't remember the last time they had a game like this. I refuse to believe that this was just a bad game. Montreal was a bad game against a great team. This was a clear lack of effort. No amount of telling me to be a Pens fan will get me to believe this was a good effort. Also, who's coming out of the woodworks, I'm here all the time.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
It's talented but one-dimensional. I mentioned it in the blog. Who on this forward corps isn't an offense-first, pass-first, rush player?

I don't even think Hagelin is that good and nowhere near worth the contract he got but he added versatility. Cycler, volume-shooter, could play defense. We need to get that back for cheaper.

Kreider. But he only shows up one in ten games.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Kreider is borderline useless at this point.

He has all the signs of a player who is overthinking everything so much. He doesn't even play the same game anymore.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

I would trade Marc Staal for Benny Poos back but there's not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening. :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I thought Stalberg would bring that presence but he's been disappointing.

He was good today FWIW.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

This game is not the end of the season but this team has been absolute **** defensively all season and haven't played all that well and had to rely on a ridiculous performance from Lundqvist and great execution on the few chances they got. That's a problem for the future. This game they just didn't give a ****.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Don't get me wrong I think our centers are extremely talented. I don't think we need better centers. Just maybe different centers. They can't all suck at zone entries and right now, every center sucks at zone entries.

Maybe Lindberg will be good at them and bump somebody to wing.

You know who was great at them? Brad Richards. 54% possession player his last season here. By no means am I saying we should have kept him at his age at that money, but him being bad here was so overblown. He was good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad