Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers 3/5/13 - Ryan Comcastahan and the New York Nashers

Apr 10, 2012
Moving Boyle to a wing wouldn't be too bad if JT stays at a C and Richards comes back.

not sure tbh... i liked jt on the wing more than center, but he certainly did fine as a center tonight... better than boyle has been. i feel like jt's puck carry is better along the boards though.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm sure it's been said already but:

Nash, 7 goals, all in the 3rd period.
Clutch is so overrated!

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Don't know why they don't let Kreider play at this level instead of Boyle. Apart from his poor skating, he couldn't score into an empty net. He's OK on the PK, but we have plenty of guys who can do that. And with Pyatt's forechecking skill, we don't need Boyle for that either. He is handsome, though.

He's probably our best PKer.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If we keep this up, do you think we can get that 1st seed?

As long as health is of no concern (see how Staal does), we should be just fine.

Long way to go but cant see it happening. Bruins have 7 points more than us and also a game in hand.

I think we can take the division and get a #2 seed. Early days yet.

1 point behind Devils with 2 games in hand. 4 points behind Leafs and Sens with 2 games in hand. Keep it going boys.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
... On the other hand, Eminger had what I thought was the best game of any of our 6th Dmen all year. And it's not like this performance should be a surprise - he was playing similarly well before he got hurt. Can someone please explain to me why both Bickel and Gilroy got such long looks ahead of him?
No. No we can't. Eminger played excellent before his injury last season and got lots of praise from Torts on 24/7.

Only Torts knows what happened and why Eminger never got the chance to prove himself again. Until now. I'm a firm believer in Eminger, he keeps things simple and knows how to play effective hockey. He knows what he can and can't do and doesn't try to be a hero.

Apr 10, 2012
Long way to go but cant see it happening. Bruins have 7 points more than us and also a game in hand.

I think we can take the division and get a #2 seed. Early days yet.

1 point behind Devils with 2 games in hand. 4 points behind Leafs and Sens with 2 games in hand. Keep it going boys.

pretty sure we were more than 7 points off of 1st last season (maybe 11) and caught up in less games than we have left... it's doable especially with nash's play and lundqvist's contining to improve, but we'll see..

i have a question:(edit: i don't suggest that it should be a fine or something, just curious as to what would make it one-- pretty sure dubi had a similar incident last year in a scrum that was next to the bench)
when hartnell (?) got checked into the bench and haley put his hands over him, is that a fine/suspendable offense? is bickel's smear?? hartnell's full out punch? any of them capable of extra punishment, or is he fair game on our bench?

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Awesome, we are now 10-0-0 when leading after 3 periods.

Hank is so great in those situations. He is tied best ever in this cathegory since his first game in teh NHL. Pretty amazing.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
No. No we can't. Eminger played excellent before his injury last season and got lots of praise from Torts on 24/7.

Only Torts knows what happened and why Eminger never got the chance to prove himself again. Until now. I'm a firm believer in Eminger, he keeps things simple and knows how to play effective hockey. He knows what he can and can't do and doesn't try to be a hero.

Has Emminger been hurt the last couple of years?

I just think he skates better now then he has before.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Gaby's been pushing, has no puck luck.

Nash is an absolute superstar. Stepan and Hagelin with great games.

Hope Staal is okay.

Vickers8

Captain Courageous shows the way, Nash 7 goals all in the 3rd period, nothing better than beating the Filyers, love the way Haley goaded Hartnell into 10 minute misconduct and Bickel nailed him in that ugly mug....

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
As for the game -

I thought the Rangers played a good game. 5 on 5 they were the better team and they got contributions from up and down the lineup.

- Gaborik looked better. He was on the puck and made a very good play on that 1st Cally goal.

- Callahan, you can't say enough about this guy. He wills himself into positives for the Rangers, every shift.

- Nash, long point streak forming. The pucks had to start going in with the quality chances hes had. Money.

- Stepan - Wow. Since we were blasting him early on hes taken off. Every game he seems to be getting better, and hes starting to show some wheels now. He stepped up big time last night in Richards absence. If he plays like this every night this team can do some damage.

- Miller - asserted himself very well and continues to improve. Got off a few good shots and is showing he belongs in the NHL. 19, geeze.

- Del Zotto had a rough one.

- Guys like Powe and Halpern add a nice injection of speed and energy to the lower lines. It keeps the pace moving and their forechecking along with Boyle and Pyatt was pretty decent last night. Dont underestimate what Powe and Halpern give this team, they are finding a niche on this squad and that's great news for the Rangers.

- The Rangers need to build on this even further. The next step - get a shut out for Hank. They still can tidy a lot up defensively and if they can really get that together theyll be very tough to beat.

Hopefully Staal is alright, yikes

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
This is what happens when your best players all show up to play. Nash and Cally's contributions are obvious, and Hank made all the big saves. That stop on Hartnell was huge.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Nasty Nash is Nash-ty.

Two more wins to get the streak to 5 and leapfrog the....

red-guy2.gif

and move 2 pts behind the

o0_Chilly_Willy_0o.jpg

Amirite? Guise? Amirite?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: