Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers 3/5/13 - Ryan Comcastahan and the New York Nashers

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Awesome, we are now 10-0-0 when leading after 3 periods.

Hank is so great in those situations. He is tied best ever in this cathegory since his first game in teh NHL. Pretty amazing.

A little deceiving. We had to win in a shootout after we blew a 3 goal lead against Boston. Against the Sens we blew a 3rd period lead, though we were down heading into the 3rd. Against the Bruins and Sabres we blew a 3rd period lead and had to win into OT/SO.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
A little deceiving. We had to win in a shootout after we blew a 3 goal lead against Boston. Against the Sens we blew a 3rd period lead, though we were down heading into the 3rd. Against the Bruins and Sabres we blew a 3rd period lead and had to win into OT/SO.

after three periods :laugh:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Really disappointed in Del Zotto after last night. Kid was flubbing pucks all over the place. The way he throws passes into teammates feet when he's under pressure behind the net is something Rozy used to do and it drove me insane.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Great game all around (except Staal's injury, obviously).

We beat Flyers again at their game - physical domination below the goal line - by staying within our system (our D and G are way better than Flyer's and it was reflected in the outcome of this game).

To this point we need to give props to Boyle for dominating the F/O and the whole 3rd line for playing the game in Flyer's zone, weakening their D even more that resulted in lapses of concentration in defensive zone and mistakes that Nash capitalized on in the 3rd period. Just for this, Boyle earned a start of the game from me.

Gaborik should earn a sort of HM as well. His 4 or 5 SOG that I counted were all high scoring chances stopped by quality saves from Mr. Universe. Gaborik is definitely in a slump but we could see very clear signs of him working it out and hopefully scoring goals would soon follow as well. If you want to be objective - up to this point he has played with struggling (still) Richards or Stepan or Boyle (!).

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Really disappointed in Del Zotto after last night. Kid was flubbing pucks all over the place. The way he throws passes into teammates feet when he's under pressure behind the net is something Rozy used to do and it drove me insane.

Since he is our best offensive defenseman, I find it really disheartening that he has the same amount of points as McD and both Girardi and Staal have more points than him.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Uh oh! Gaborik played pretty well last night... the HF whipping boy torch has been passed! Congrats, MICHAEL DEL ZOTTO!

Shimon-1-.jpg
DelZotto_M_0113_Ins1.jpg

:sarcasm:

16 To Stanley*

No hockey sense at all

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Uh oh! Gaborik played pretty well last night... the HF whipping boy torch has been passed! Congrats, MICHAEL DEL ZOTTO!

Shimon-1-.jpg
DelZotto_M_0113_Ins1.jpg

:sarcasm:

There's only so much whiffing of shots, shots being wide, and atrocious passes and puck handling one can take.

tjs252

Feb 10, 2007
Gaborik, Nash, Stepan, and Lundqvist all played great. Callahan was dynamic offensively, but uncharacteristically reckless in the 1st. Great building block win, especially with Richards out and Miller assuming a larger role.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
MDZ is horrible with the puck how many times a game do you hear this "Shoot by Del Zotto blocked." Del Zotto in front shot wide. The kid is Duaguy all over he can't hit the net with a beach ball.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I liked seeing Anton Stralman contributing on offense. I hope they start giving him PP time. MDZ has been struggling to hit the net.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
No hockey sense at all

I don't think it's lack of hockey sense. He just doesn't seem to have much poise with the puck unless he's skating forward with it without any defenders pressuring him. Kid has great vision and excellent passing skills, but his decision making is slow and his mobility at the point isn't all that great either.

Vickers8

Hamrlik's specialty is the PP point, should help the PP

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Hamrlik's specialty is the PP point, should help the PP

The guy hasn't notched a PP goal since January of 2011. Ironically it was against us. Hasn't had a single PP point since he joined the Caps. If he's supposed to be PP help, we couldn't have done much worse.

Vickers8

The guy hasn't notched a PP goal since January of 2011. Ironically it was against us. Hasn't had a single PP point since he joined the Caps. If he's supposed to be PP help, we couldn't have done much worse.

I'm talking earlier in his career, by the way the only way to help this PP is to take Richards and Gabby off the point

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
MDZ is horrible with the puck how many times a game do you hear this "Shoot by Del Zotto blocked." Del Zotto in front shot wide. The kid is Duaguy all over he can't hit the net with a beach ball.

No MDZ is "shot goes wide and all the way out of the zone!" Girardi is king of "shot blocked and all the way out of the zone!"

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Maybe this is it then.

Maybe this will actually work.

Only because this, of ALLLLLL the help they've brought in the past few years for the PP, has to be the absolute worst option so far. For that reason alone he will suddenly make this team's PP rank in the top 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00