Flyers own St Louis' 1st round pick in 2018, 14th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
If the Flyers get this pick from the Blues, I would be interested in trading our own pick (assuming it's 16+) for some more immediate help.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I had a dream:
Frost + Sanheim + Simmonds + 1st STL pick + 1st own pick + Lehterä cap dump + Weise cap dump for Dahlin.

Bad dream or good dream?

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Would not mind trading Simmonds for picks/prospects and moving both 1sts+ to grab Tkachuk.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Tkachuk-Patrick-Voracek

Reactions: RANKKA

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I had a dream:
Frost + Sanheim + Simmonds + 1st STL pick + 1st own pick + Lehterä cap dump + Weise cap dump for Dahlin.

Bad dream or good dream?
That's a pretty detailed dream you had there :laugh:

On the assumption we can get a 1st + prospect for Simmonds, you're looking at: Frost + Sanheim + prospect + 3 1sts for Dahlin. If someone can time travel to the future to verify he's the next Bobby Orr, I'd do it. Otherwise.....

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Don't think people realize how good Svechnikov is doing. Rookie in the OHL: pacing for 60 goals and 108 points scaled to 67 games. That's ummmmmm.......good, yeah? He's a 2000 b-day too.

Brady is great, but his potential just isn't close to Svech's. I think Zadina vs. Brady is a closer conversation, and I'd still lean Zadina. Some team will get a good player regardless in that top 5.

If Wahlstrom comes with his do-everything center, Jack Hughes, sure, I'll take him. He's a clear tier down for me compared to these others, whatever some services say.

I had a dream:

Bad dream or good dream?

giphy.gif

We'd lose far more than we gain across the board. It's not like we don't already have one of the best PP QBs and top pairs in hockey.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Plus, upgrading over Lindblom requires really upgrading, he may never put up fancy numbers, but I wanna be the RW to replace Voracek on that line, because with Linblom and Patrick, if I can shoot, I got a shot at 50 goals.

Really, in this draft what you're looking for isn't instant help, but the replacements for Giroux and Voracek down the road.
Because to me, the other 4 top 6 slots are filled for the indefinite future. And Frost is knocking on the door.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Don't think people realize how good Svechnikov is doing. Rookie in the OHL: pacing for 60 goals and 108 points scaled to 67 games. That's ummmmmm.......good, yeah? He's a 2000 b-day too.

If Wahlstrom comes with his do-everything center, Jack Hughes, sure, I'll take him.

Brady is great, but his potential just isn't close to Svech's. I think Zadina vs. Brady is a closer conversation, and I'd still lean Zadina.

We'd lose far more than we gain across the board. It's not like we don't already have one of the best PP QBs and top pairs in hockey.
Stop this makes me feel so old :cry:

Reactions: kelmitchell

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I had a dream:

Bad dream or good dream?
I do that all day. That's a ton to give up, but a top 4 of Dahlin, Provorov, Ghost, and Myers is dynasty level. It wouldn't be fair.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If the Flyers get this pick from the Blues, I would be interested in trading our own pick (assuming it's 16+) for some more immediate help.
Like what? The Flyers have some really good prospects that are right on the cusp.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That would be a huge package for Dahlin. What was the package we were thinking about sending to Florida for Ekblad?

2014 NHL Draft: Panthers GM Dale Tallon says Flyers 'were close' to trading for No. 1 pick
2014 NHL Draft: Flyers reportedly in talks with Panthers to acquire top pick, Erik Gudbranson

Looks like we were offering B. Schenn, Lecavalier, possibly L. Schenn, and #17 (Sanheim), and the Panthers wanted Simmonds, Lecavalier, and #17 (they might have also wanted B. Schenn to be in the deal; it's not clear.) We'd have gotten Ekblad and Gudbranson.

Edit: I'm guessing #17 was part of the deal; the articles don't say.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I would do both first, sanheim and if they wanted Simmer. I don't even think i would hesitate. Dahlin is probably the most highly regarded d prospect since Doughty or hedman.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm happy either way. 11-14 this year or unprotected next year (plus a third) are both good outcomes. They'll probably be better next year but you never know.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Picking up Frost looks like it will be quite the prize itself. May be I am not patient enough but 2nd Line LW is the spot I am not confident in filling within the next year. Lindblom is going to need to take a big jump ahead next season.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
2014 NHL Draft: Panthers GM Dale Tallon says Flyers 'were close' to trading for No. 1 pick
2014 NHL Draft: Flyers reportedly in talks with Panthers to acquire top pick, Erik Gudbranson

Looks like we were offering B. Schenn, Lecavalier, possibly L. Schenn, and #17 (Sanheim), and the Panthers wanted Simmonds, Lecavalier, and #17 (they might have also wanted B. Schenn to be in the deal; it's not clear.) We'd have gotten Ekblad and Gudbranson.

Edit: I'm guessing #17 was part of the deal; the articles don't say.

It was rumored that Florida wanted the 2015 1st rounder (Provorov) and Hextall was afraid the Flyers pick was going to be really high.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It was rumored that Florida wanted the 2015 1st rounder (Provorov) and Hextall was afraid the Flyers pick was going to be really high.

No team was going to trade that 2015 pick. I remember buffalo trying to do whatever they could to get some more mcdavid lottery balls and no team would part with their picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad