Flyers own St Louis' 1st round pick in 2018, 14th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I’ve been watching that pick as much as I’ve been watching the Flyers recently. It’s looking good but would have looked a lot better if the blues didn’t stomp the Kings the other day. Big game tomorrow against the ducks as that’s one of the teams that they’re chasing. St. Louis’ schedule also gets easier later in the year so we really need them to lose right now.

That trade could look real good for the Flyers in a few years... real good.

Reactions: Tripod

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The big question I have isn't whether the pick will be in 2018 or 2019. The big question I have is whether I will be laughing hysterically AND drooling when they miss the playoffs, or just laughing hysterically. This is a strict TBD, but I will let everyone know how it goes when they miss the playoffs, which they are definitely going to do.

GirouxCouturier

GirouxMVP
Jul 4, 2010
British Columbia
A pick this year would be nice but scoreboard watching next year would be pretty fun with it being unprotected.

I wonder who wants 20th, 12th,+ for a top 5 pick. Half kidding, but something to think about

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You don’t really have to be bad to just miss the playoffs in the West. It’s rough out there.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not talking about playoffs.

Even if they miss it next year, because of a strong conference, there's very little chance they're one of the 10 worst teams in the entire league.

Missing the playoffs this year might not really be a fluke for them, because as you said it's a tough conference, but I think how bad they've been is a fluke.

Reactions: OriginJM

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm not talking about playoffs.

Even if they miss it next year, because of a strong conference, there's very little chance they're one of the 10 worst teams in the entire league.

Missing the playoffs this year might not really be a fluke for them, because as you said it's a tough conference, but I think how bad they've been is a fluke.

I dunno, I can see them being a bubble team again unless they land Tavares and shore up the C position.

We already know they wont have the benefit of 50 + games of Schenn being over a PPG next season. They will get 50 point Schenn all season. They get Fabbri back and could promote Kyrou and Thomas so that could be a nice boost. Their goaltending will still be wildly inconsistent too.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I dunno, I can see them being a bubble team again unless they land Tavares and shore up the C position.

We already know they wont have the benefit of 50 + games of Schenn being over a PPG next season. They will get 50 point Schenn all season. They get Fabbri back and could promote Kyrou and Thomas so that could be a nice boost. Their goaltending will still be wildly inconsistent too.
Tarasenko is also having a down year (by his standards) and losing Schwartz really hurt.

I'd bet on them being closer to top 10 than bottom 10 next year.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Mike Yeo hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, carry on. I just think Mike Yeo is probably our greatest living comedian :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Hey, I know, let's fire Quenneville and watch him win some Cups with our most hated rival, then we'll hire a great big Kangaroo bastard so that we don't have any chance, and then we'll get this guy Mike Yeo to throw gasoline on this dumpster fire of a franchise" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Mike Yeo hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, carry on. I just think Mike Yeo is probably our greatest living comedian :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Hey, I know, let's fire Quenneville and watch him win some Cups with our most hated rival, then we'll hire a great big Kangaroo bastard so that we don't have any chance, and then we'll get this guy Mike Yeo to throw gasoline on this dumpster fire of a franchise" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Let's have Craig Berube as his assistant. Some called him cementhead, I personally call him Glory Days Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->