Flyers Over/Under 76.5 points

Will the Flyers finish with Over or Under 76.5 points for the 2022-23 regular season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Right now, money puck is projecting them with 79.2 points, at 25th (8th overall pick).

Evolving Hockey has them at 79.0 points, at 26th (7th overall pick).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Right now, money puck is projecting them with 79.2 points, at 25th (8th overall pick).

Evolving Hockey has them at 79.0 points, at 26th (7th overall pick).

I'm told they "aren't as bad as I think they are."

I believe 25th was right in the range where I had them though? So they are exactly as bad as I thought they'd be. Weird.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I'm told they "aren't as bad as I think they are."

I believe 25th was right in the range where I had them though? So they are exactly as bad as I thought they'd be. Weird.
Evolving Hockey for the longest time had them around 74-76 points. The last few games probably shifted the point totals higher.

So this is about as good as they can get! They are not as bad as the really bad teams this year, but they are no where close to good.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
WHO THE FLYING f*** IS GOING TO TRADE FOR A GUY WITH THE 11TH LOWEST GSAE/60 IN THE NHL?!?!

AND FOR THOSE AT HOME WHO DON'T LIKE FANCY STATS 1-6-1, 3.37GAA .888%?!?!?!

WHO, I ASK YOU?!?!

There's no showcasing THAT guy.

Any time I see someone (mostly on Twitter) talk about trading Sandstrom I get a good chuckle.

Go put a single pair of once-worn, once-washed tube socks on eBay. They're still perfectly good socks, so there has to be a market for them, right? Someone will pay you fair value plus shipping and then wait a couple weeks to receive those socks. How else would someone get socks? These socks have no holes, they weren't even worn twice!

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
WHO THE FLYING f*** IS GOING TO TRADE FOR A GUY WITH THE 11TH LOWEST GSAE/60 IN THE NHL?!?!

AND FOR THOSE AT HOME WHO DON'T LIKE FANCY STATS 1-6-1, 3.37GAA .888%?!?!?!

WHO, I ASK YOU?!?!

There's no showcasing THAT guy.
In the world of chaos and anarchy we live in, that’ll be the trade we decree chuck won.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think they'll be better in the second half, even after they trade JVR, they'll probably bring up Brink, Lycksell, et al.
Only question is whether they give Sandstrom enough showcase games to try and create value.
It's obvious that Ersson will be the backup next year and maybe 1A.

My assessment of "nah" was correct

Reactions: kudymen

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Ghosts Beer looks like he has a good chance to win his bet!

6 games to go, needs 6 points to get to 77 pts to hit the over.

Games vs StL, Dallas, NYI, Bruins, CBus, Bhawks. 3 very winnable games there plus maybe a lower point mixed in.
The Flyers with a good shot at 77 points, Frost over 40 points...I think that means this season has been an unqualified success! Kudos to Chuck!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I wouldn't be so sure.
TK is back, JVR in a couple weeks (unless he got bad news), Atkinson in a couple weeks. Couts in April?
They're playing with more structure, they totally outplayed NJ, just made some bad mistakes and almost took it to OT.
I can see a couple winning streaks when they draw some bad teams.

32-40-10 would be 74 points.
24-28-5 the rest of the way.

Now they have no chance of catching Anaheim, which is a bad team with bad goalies, not only is Gibson finished, but Stolarz is currently posting an .886 Sv%.

CBJ, Arizona and San Jose are also good bets to finish with worse records than the Flyers.

Ottawa is a weird team, doing every better except winning, Batherson is singlehandedly tanking the team, -17 in 22 games despite scoring 10 points at ES. At some point they should start winning games.
Guess I called it, except Arizona, which managed to dump their first pair on defense and play better (6-6-4 since the TDL)?!?

Even with Atkinson out for the year, they played better once the lines were set when JVR returned Dec 7.
9-12-5 .442 (potential points) - 72 point pace
20-22-8 .480 - 79 point pace
95 points (marginal PO team) requires .579, 100 points .610.

Still not a good team, but Frost, Cates, Tippett, York showed they are keepers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Guess I called it, except Arizona, which managed to dump their first pair on defense and play better (6-6-4 since the TDL)?!?

Even with Atkinson out for the year, they played better once the lines were set when JVR returned Dec 7.
9-12-5 .442 (potential points) - 72 point pace
20-22-8 .480 - 79 point pace
95 points (marginal PO team) requires .579, 100 points .610.

Still not a good team, but Frost, Cates, Tippett, York showed they are keepers.

You called them trading JVR and calling up all the youth.

The lines were not set when JVR returned. They've changed constantly.

Reactions: Tripod

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
seinfeld-thats-a-shame.gif

(I had the team with ~80 points before we found out Coots was injured for the whole season)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Frost has a great year
Ghost has a great year
Flyers don’t hit 77 points
Torts embarrasses himself constantly
Chuck shits his pants until even this org can’t tolerate him

Really tough year for Ghost Beer, huh?

Reactions: kudymen

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Or maybe it was a subtle way of tanking?

Blowing a point in OT doesn't require your team being so terrible that young players get discouraged or encourage bad habits. Their bad OT record probably moved them up two draft slots.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Blowing a point in OT doesn't require your team being so terrible that young players get discouraged or encourage bad habits. Their bad OT record probably moved them up two draft slots.

No it wasn't. This is who he is. Defense over offense always. You were told this. Don't be surprised it came to pass.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

Do you really think this, honestly?

Reactions: Cody Webster

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Maybe Dave Scott told him to do it and he is just a victim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad