Flyers Over/Under 76.5 points

Will the Flyers finish with Over or Under 76.5 points for the 2022-23 regular season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think this is an awful team, I think 2021-22 was an aberration, a combination of AV checking out and really bad injury luck.
2020-21 gives a better sense of this team and even then that was a bizarro season.

That team was a middle of the road squad, with average goaltending they'd probably have been on the edge of playoff contention.
A league average Sv% would have resulted in 37 less goals allowed and put them at GF/GA 160/160.

Gone: G, Voracek, Lindblom, NAK, Patrick, Raffl, Bunnaman, Twarynski, Ghost, Myers, Gus, Hagg, Morin, Friedman, Elliott
Only G, Voracek and Ghost are more than 4th line/3rd pair players or out of the NHL. And G and Voracek are 35 and 33.

Added: Atkinson, Deslauriers, TDA, Risto,

Most of the difference this season will come down to young players, N Cates, Frost, Tippett, Allison, Laczynski, York, Attard, Sandstrom and later in the season Zamula, Foerster, Lycksell, Brink, Wisdom, Desnoyers.

If they step up, this team will be younger and better than two years ago, if they don't, time to tear it down.

That's why I expect 75-80, to do better the kids have to be "all right."

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'll be placing a decent-sized wager on the over 76.5. I think it's a great bet.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
over, defense will be better, I think Attard is for real, Hart rebounds and young forwards will add excitement
.....think they'll even be fun to watch much to the chagrin of the depressives' on this board :sarcasm:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
For the record, 76.5 is the 5th-lowest O/U on DraftKings.

Bottom 12:

1. Arizona: 65.5
1. Chicago: 65.5
3. Montreal: 71.5
4. San Jose: 74.5
5. Philadelphia: 76.5
6. Buffalo: 77.5
7. Anaheim: 80.5
7. Columbus: 80.5
9. Seattle: 81.5
10. Detroit: 84.5
11. Ottawa: 86.5
12. Winnipeg: 87.5

(the rest are 90+)
lock for over and over buffalo. Flyers will get a steady diet of back up goalies.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I don't think this is an awful team, I think 2021-22 was an aberration, a combination of AV checking out and really bad injury luck.
2020-21 gives a better sense of this team and even then that was a bizarro season.

That team was a middle of the road squad, with average goaltending they'd probably have been on the edge of playoff contention.
A league average Sv% would have resulted in 37 less goals allowed and put them at GF/GA 160/160.

Gone: G, Voracek, Lindblom, NAK, Patrick, Raffl, Bunnaman, Twarynski, Ghost, Myers, Gus, Hagg, Morin, Friedman, Elliott
Only G, Voracek and Ghost are more than 4th line/3rd pair players or out of the NHL. And G and Voracek are 35 and 33.

Added: Atkinson, Deslauriers, TDA, Risto,

Most of the difference this season will come down to young players, N Cates, Frost, Tippett, Allison, Laczynski, York, Attard, Sandstrom and later in the season Zamula, Foerster, Lycksell, Brink, Wisdom, Desnoyers.

If they step up, this team will be younger and better than two years ago, if they don't, time to tear it down.

That's why I expect 75-80, to do better the kids have to be "all right."
Compared to what? Where you have them in the division? The conf? they are at the bottom. Therefore they are an awful team.

You keep touting these "young" guys and prospects like they are t all that, they are dime a dozen every team has in spades.

That's about where I have them 75-80, Torts isn't concerned about winning this year, he's going to put the team through the gaunlet, and eliminate the players who don't play 200 feet.
He is trying to change the losing culture yet you do no think he "cares" about winning.

This is golden parachute retirement contract. We shall see how Torts responds to this band of misfits.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
And then he paid multiple draft picks to fill the "offensive dman" role when it was realized Risto can't.

These "meh" moves have added up to create an awful team.
Was it realized? They kept shoving the shut down physicals dman role to everyone, which is comical.

They didn't even try to utilize him in that role from what I recall.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I've decided to go over. The most Flyers thing to do will be missing the playoffs by the smallest amount while also destroying their draft position by the maximum amount.

With Sanheim going off for a career year and kept at the deadline to try to vainly make that last playoff spot, and then walking away for nothing this summer.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Compared to what? Where you have them in the division? The conf? they are at the bottom. Therefore they are an awful team.

You keep touting these "young" guys and prospects like they are t all that, they are dime a dozen every team has in spades.

He is trying to change the losing culture yet you do no think he "cares" about winning.

This is golden parachute retirement contract. We shall see how Torts responds to this band of misfits.
Torts doesn't seem like a guy who's looking forward to retirement. Wound a little tight for that.

You don't know if a player is a "dime a dozen" until they hit the ice.

CBJ had a bunch of picks outside the 1st rd when Torts turned them around:

Atkinson #157
Jenner #37
Anderson #95
Karlsson #53
Bjorkstrand #89
Calvert #127
Savard #94
Nutivaara #189

So did Carolina when Brind'Amour turned them around:
Ferland #133
Wallmark #97
McGinn #47
Martinook #58
Foegele #67

Faulk #37
Slavin #120
Pesce #66

Some of this is good drafting, but a lot I think is a HC who knows how to put players in positions where they can be successful.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Torts doesn't seem like a guy who's looking forward to retirement. Wound a little tight for that.

Atkinson #157
Jenner #37
Anderson #95
Karlsson #53
Bjorkstrand #89
Calvert #127
Savard #94
Nutivaara #189

Ferland #133n't
Wallmark #97
McGinn #47
Martinook #58
Foegele #67

Faulk #37
Slavin #120
Pesce #66

Some of this is good drafting, but a lot I think is a HC who knows how to put players in positions where they can be successful.
He would be retired if the Flyers didn't hire him as I do not recall any team showing any interest or him even getting a courtesy interview.

Flyers prospects do nothing that stands out. Nothing any other team does have, that is why it is a dime a dozen prospect pool. Tell me how Desnoyers will be ready for the NHL next season possibly this season.

You severely overrate these prospects. They have the market cornered on bottom line players.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Atkinson #157
Jenner #37
Anderson #95
Karlsson #53
Bjorkstrand #89
Calvert #127
Savard #94
Nutivaara #189

Ferland #133
Wallmark #97
McGinn #47
Martinook #58
Foegele #67

Faulk #37
Slavin #120
Pesce #66

He already said this is his last coaching job, so it seems he is ready for retirement.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I have to go under for the following reasons:

They don’t have a legit, proven #2 goalie and Hart seems to be pretty brittle

Way too many players are coming off significant injuries

The right side of the D is horrid and they do not have a NHL quality top pairing

Depending on injuries and how quickly they start selling off players, I see them finishing in the 68-76 point range.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Over and it won’t help anything. It will dig us deeper into the hell we’re already in.

Reactions: BiggE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad