Flyers Over/Under 76.5 points

Will the Flyers finish with Over or Under 76.5 points for the 2022-23 regular season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That's about where I have them 75-80, Torts isn't concerned about winning this year, he's going to put the team through the gaunlet, and eliminate the players who don't play 200 feet.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'd say over, but barely. 80-85 points. Not enough to make the playoffs, but hopefully bad enough to cost Fletcher his job.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
For the record, 76.5 is the 5th-lowest O/U on DraftKings.

Bottom 12:

1. Arizona: 65.5
1. Chicago: 65.5
3. Montreal: 71.5
4. San Jose: 74.5
5. Philadelphia: 76.5
6. Buffalo: 77.5
7. Anaheim: 80.5
7. Columbus: 80.5
9. Seattle: 81.5
10. Detroit: 84.5
11. Ottawa: 86.5
12. Winnipeg: 87.5

(the rest are 90+)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I have severe doubts that Fletcher is going to suddenly stop acquiring all his preferred player types because an employee who plans on retiring in a few years tells him to.
What's his preferred player type?

traded for/signed Hayes, Niskanen, Braun, Atkinson, TDA, Risto
drafted York, Attard, Andrae, Brink, Foerster, Tuomaala, Gauthier, Kaplan with his higher picks

minimum wage: Yandle, Brown, Thompson, Seeler.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Bad players. Bad players are his type.
Dead also ignored Fletch getting Thompson a 2nd time, Grant, Gus, Brassard, Stewart.

Hell, 2 of Fletcher's moves that could have looked good, he failed too. He traded for Talbot, then we didn't play him and didn't sign him. Also got 24 year old Hartman, who somehow became a 65 point guy 3 years later after leaving Philly. But we got Pitlick instead.

It's really a comedy of errors. For a GM to go from Ghost to Risto, and pay a 1st(#14), two 2nd, a 7th, and Hagg, to get there, is just astonishing. And this man still has a job.

But don't worry, Torts will save us. I am sure the 5th coach under Fletcher's watch will be the one.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Dead also ignored Fletch getting Thompson a 2nd time, Grant, Gus, Brassard, Stewart.

Hell, 2 of Fletcher's moves that could have looked good, he failed too. He traded for Talbot, then we didn't play him and didn't sign him. Also got 24 year old Hartman, who somehow became a 65 point guy 3 years later after leaving Philly. But we got Pitlick instead.

It's really a comedy of errors. For a GM to go from Ghost to Risto, and pay a 1st(#14), two 2nd, a 7th, and Hagg, to get there, is just astonishing. And this man still has a job.

But don't worry, Torts will save us. I am sure the 5th coach under Fletcher's watch will be the one.
Those were all minimum wage moves. Which are meh moves since these sort of players can be easily buried in the AHL. Any contract $1M or less basically states the player is marginal for that reason - there's no commitment.

Conflating real transactions with minimum wage acquisitions is a rhetorical trick, but doesn't shed light on Fletcher's priorities.

Hartman was one of those things - Nashville gave up on him, he was going to be a FA and Dallas didn't try to resign him after trading Pitlick for him (more of a salary dump for them). He was below average defensively until he got to Minnesota, where he finally woke up, though his 2021-22 season is probably an anomaly, 15.7% shooting isn't sustainable for him.

I don't know if Torts will "save" us, but we'll have a much better read on the talent on this team after this season, I'm wary of judging players based off the previous two seasons.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What's his preferred player type?

traded for/signed Hayes, Niskanen, Braun, Atkinson, TDA, Risto
drafted York, Attard, Andrae, Brink, Foerster, Tuomaala, Gauthier, Kaplan with his higher picks

minimum wage: Yandle, Brown, Thompson, Seeler.
The wrong player. That’s his player type. You can’t even argue this because you claim to say that that’s his biggest problem, targeting the wrong player.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Those were all minimum wage moves. Which are meh moves since these sort of players can be easily buried in the AHL. Any contract $1M or less basically states the player is marginal for that reason - there's no commitment.

Conflating real transactions with minimum wage acquisitions is a rhetorical trick, but doesn't shed light on Fletcher's priorities.

Hartman was one of those things - Nashville gave up on him, he was going to be a FA and Dallas didn't try to resign him after trading Pitlick for him (more of a salary dump for them). He was below average defensively until he got to Minnesota, where he finally woke up, though his 2021-22 season is probably an anomaly, 15.7% shooting isn't sustainable for him.

I don't know if Torts will "save" us, but we'll have a much better read on the talent on this team after this season, I'm wary of judging players based off the previous two seasons.
Again, none of them are meh moves. Poor moves deserve to be maligned. Good moves deserve to be celebrated. Fletcher has made more poor moves than good.

Also, I’m voting for purgatory. It’ll be the over—83 points.

I expect a healthy couturier to provide two or three wins. Torts will get some buy in as well.

Not good enough for the playoffs, not bad enough for a true difference maker at the top of the draft board.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

And then he paid multiple draft picks to fill the "offensive dman" role when it was realized Risto can't.

These "meh" moves have added up to create an awful team.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad