Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Oilers: What has to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Oilers win if they can get even marginal defensive play from the blueline.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
If EDM actually shows up they should be able to get the W. But at home they tend to slack alot until time becomes a factor, then they play desperate. They need to play on the road more because they usually play a harder, simpler game. :popcorn:

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I dont understand why Nurse is sitting. He has been our best dmen since being called up, having him sit makes no sense.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe he's going back to the AHL today or tomorrow if somebody else is ready to come off the IR soon?

Maybe Hendricks? He was skating on the third line with Letestu and Purcell today. But that still doesn't change the fact that Nurse should be in for tomorrow's game. He has earned it. Send Slepy down and keep Nurse up if that's the case.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
In almost relevant news, just made a blockbuster in my fantasy league:
Traded away - McDavid, Malkin, Gallagher
Coming in - Stamkos, Giroux, Steen

Giroux is my favourite player in the league. If the oilers win this game, The Nuge line will have to outplay the Giroux line, simple.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
In almost relevant news, just made a blockbuster in my fantasy league:
Traded away - McDavid, Malkin, Gallagher
Coming in - Stamkos, Giroux, Steen

Giroux is my favourite player in the league. If the oilers win this game, The Nuge line will have to outplay the Giroux line, simple.

Bleh. I don't like that trade for you at all, sorry man.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Hopefully the Flyers stomp the Canucks tonight. That will make a win tomorrow even better. It will feel like a regulation win over the Canucks.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Hopefully the Flyers stomp the Canucks tonight. That will make a win tomorrow even better. It will feel like a regulation win over the Canucks.

Kind of like how the Habs stomped the Flames? :help:

I just want a win. This is a game a good team should win.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I have not watched Philly at all this year so all my statements are pretty much outdated.

Last year watched them a bit and they looked like a weak team. Very weak team. Living off of one line and poor opponents.

This year they are doing better than I thought they would. Honestly figured they would be in the bottom 5, and may still be by the end of the year.

They have a terrible defense, not great goaltending, and only a decent set of forwards. If they were in the west last year these guys would looked almost as bad as Buffalo.

The thing about hockey is any given team can beat any given team on any night. If we are putting this as team to team on paper the Oilers are the better team. The Oilers on paper are actually a better team than a lot of teams. However the Oilers still haven't quite figured out how to win yet. I think they are close and getting closer.

As long as we don't have our Goaltender crap the bed, or have the officiating crap all over us. This should be an Oilers win.

I would call a 5-1 win for the Oilers barring the above and if we play like we have been but for a full 60 minutes.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
If they send Nurse down, I'll lose all faith in this team. I'll literally be cheering for them to lose.

McDeathbyCheerios*

They should send down Davidson honestly. He has looked pretty good offensively but that's it.

Getzlafoutloud

Sep 15, 2015
Oil should win if our defence doesn't need another 30 minutes to figure their **** out. Im not sure why but they have such a hard time shaking off the jitters, its like they're handling a grenade not a hockey puck.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Philly is one of those teams I seem to know nothing about/not follow at all. Not sure how we stack up.

But posts in here saying their D is as bad as ours makes it sound like this could be a fun game.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
If Reinhart is ready, I suspect Nurse goes back to the AHL prior to tomorrow's game.

If Nurse is sent down, it is the equivalent of management coming out and saying "we're intentionally tanking for the rest of the year... See you in June."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad