Flyers Off-Season Discussion IV - NHL 17 Stanley Cup winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Amac is the worst protector of the zone i have ever seen. That being said you have to look at complementary players. If you go MDZ-Gudas, then who you going to put Ghost with? Ghost-Manning doesnt work as Manning gets running all over the place and leaves Ghost high and dry to often, Ghost Streit is to weak defensively, and Schultz cant handle the minutes. Ghost game may of slipped a little with Amac near the end but how much of that was injury?. Amac stays home enough and has a decent enough relay pass to be a good fit with Ghost till someone else comes along.

I would like a Gudas/Ghost pairing

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Yeah, everyone who isn't a first- and second-year professionals, and is not protected, is eligible for the expansion draft.

But there's no way Vegas will take MacDonald. They will take one of the two decent forwards Hextall can't protect from Weise/Raffl/Laughton/Cousins.

dont forget Stolie. I still think he has the chance to be a late bloomer 1B 2A type of goalie.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I like Stolarz a lot but there will almost certainly be better, or at least more developed/higher profile young goalies than him available. Like Korpisalo from Columbus, and Subban in Boston.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

They are our two best defensemen capable of playing the right though, so I don't think you are going to see that happen any time soon. It doesn't particularly set up the rest of the defense for success.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I like Stolarz a lot but there will almost certainly be better, or at least more developed goalies than him available. Like Korpisalo from Columbus, and Subban in Boston.

If Fleury can't dealt, Murray will be available, and what about Subban in Boston?

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014

Then where would you go with the rest?
I think the crop of d arent that bad, just dont mess together well. I personally dont like the Gs together bcuz both Gudas and Ghost can carry weaker partners. I dont think a MDZ-xxx (AMac, Streit, Schultz) paring would work as a 2nd pairing. And although I am a huge fan of Provy, I dont think they will put him in top 4 to start.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Then where would you go with the rest?
I think the crop of d arent that bad, just dont mess together well. I personally dont like the Gs together bcuz both Gudas and Ghost can carry weaker partners. I dont think a MDZ-xxx (AMac, Streit, Schultz) paring would work as a 2nd pairing. And although I am a huge fan of Provy, I dont think they will put him in top 4 to start.

Something like this, perhaps.

Ghost-Gudas
MDZ-Streit
Provorov-MacDonald/Schultz
Manning

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I feel like MDZ would be a much better partner at this point for old Streity than Schultz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad