Flyers Off-Season Discussion IV - NHL 17 Stanley Cup winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'd be really surprised if Provorov isn't already better than Streit, Schultz, MacDonald, and Manning.

He may be our 4th best dman TODAY behind MDZ, Gudas and Ghost. Now he just has to show us that in camp.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I'd be really surprised if Provorov isn't already better than Streit, Schultz, MacDonald, and Manning.

He may be our 4th best dman TODAY behind MDZ, Gudas and Ghost. Now he just has to show us that in camp.
You could well be right. However if Hextall wants to trade any of these guys before the season and get decent return, he has to say what he is saying now. If he says that Provy is on the team, then the other clubs know that the Flyers have too many defensemen and one can be had for a song.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
See that's what we keep doing, but Bill was suggesting that Hextall already has a set bar in his head and it has nothing to do with the current players.

So its not about us thinking is Provorov better than X,Y,Z player, its whether he can play the amount of minutes Hextall wants, for 82 games, in certain situations comfortably.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
If he says that Provy is on the team, then the other clubs know that the Flyers have too many defensemen and one can be had for a song.
would gladly trade at least manning or macD for a song, even a crappy one
we need a new goal song anyways

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I'd love the idea of bringing Richie and Seidenberg in as PTO's and maybe floating them a 2 way offer if they make it. I just don't see any room for them on this roster. I see Seidenberg being more effective than Schultz, MacDonald, and Manning...but I can't see Hextall cutting ties with all of them just to squeeze Seidenberg in, especially with Provorov also likely in the picture

Richie...it might be more of homecoming desire type thing. I think he could help the 4th line, but if he wins the job, he'd boot Boyd Gordon.

We're so loaded with mediocrity in our bottom 6 and 4-10 defensively...

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Boston buying out Seidenberg when they have plenty of cap space and a pretty average defense seems like a red flag to me.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I didn't see the game last night, but he's been playing like he deserves a job at the WCH. Certainly someone will give him a look.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I honestly don't see this as a huge deal for a couple of reasons

1) Hextall doesn't want to put the team in financial straits
2) There is a cap, there is no reason to not go up to the cap
3) Flyers themselves make money and are a huge team
4) The guy running the show has already been running the show and Ed trusted him

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I honestly don't see this as a huge deal for a couple of reasons

1) Hextall doesn't want to put the team in financial straits
2) There is a cap, there is no reason to not go up to the cap
3) Flyers themselves make money and are a huge team
4) The guy running the show has already been running the show and Ed trusted him

I see it only as a big deal because we finally have a status quo that seems to have direction. If someone else picked up that 24%, you're adding a voice that could steer the franchise with a different philosophy, even if only gently at first.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Aside from staying with the Snider family, Comcast is the only other choice i'm comfortable with.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well, the only person listed above Homer on the "Executive Management" list on the Flyers website is a Dave Scott - so, him?

I think he's the guy who runs the show from a financial standpoint. I remember Homer mentioning him back in the spring as the guy they have to get the ok from when it comes to the budget for the team.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
I think he's the guy who runs the show from a financial standpoint. I remember Homer mentioning him back in the spring as the guy they have to get the ok from when it comes to the budget for the team.

Seems reasonable, he's after all the president of the company that owns the Flyers.

I'd assume that there is a large degree of freedom for the hockey operations personnel to run the club as they see fit as long as the budget remains in check. There seems to be a healthy divide between the business people and the hockey people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad