Rumor: Flyers need penalty killing forward via trade

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Hextall trading away a pick or two to fill that hole goes so far against his style to this point. It just strikes me as odd.

He really must not have liked Nick Shore. He's made nothing but sense from the outside all offseason.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Flyers need to stand pat player wise and install a new system to kill penalties. It’s a systemic issue not a personel issue

Reactions: Tripod

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Hextall trading away a pick or two to fill that hole goes so far against his style to this point. It just strikes me as odd.

He really must not have liked Nick Shore. He's made nothing but sense from the outside all offseason.

I thought he would give Shore a shot as well. Makes sense to me. Like you said they must not be high on him.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
An earlier poster suggested Frolik. He was great on the PK with the Jets. Speaking of Jets, Bryan Little would be an excellent but costly long-term solution. Ditto Adam Lowry. Andrew Copp would be cheaper, but not actually cheap and Matthieu Perreault hasn't played C for a while, but he can and is excellent defensively and is highly productive lower down the line-up.

An alternate idea is move Giroux to C on the pp and free up one of Couts or Simmonds to play C on the PK?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Helm (40th OA in the NHL for PK TOI) or Glendening (9th OA in the NHL for PK TOI) for a pick.

Philly has the cap space and Detroit has the replacements (Turgeon) in waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Hextall’s mention of a “lateral move” is interesting to me.

Does that mean lateral in terms of salary, or contract term? Or lateral in terms of role on the team?

I wonder if it’ll be something like Lehtera and a pick for a guy on an expiring contract.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall’s mention of a “lateral move” is interesting to me.

Does that mean lateral in terms of salary, or contract term? Or lateral in terms of role on the team?

I wonder if it’ll be something like Lehtera and a pick for a guy on an expiring contract.

I think that is just Hextall code for a trade. On July 1st he could have signed guys like Beagle, Komarov or Comeau.

Maybe he wants Bellemare back from Vegas?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

No one seems to like Nick. Still no contract at the end of August.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Winnik was decent for the Wild last year. Seems like a good choice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad