Rumor: Flyers need penalty killing forward via trade

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
These kind of threads pop-up every once in a while. The Flyers are looking for a penalty killing forward. Ok you can have our garbage... but for a 1st round pick.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
These kind of threads pop-up every once in a while. The Flyers are looking for a penalty killing forward. Ok you can have our garbage... but for a 1st round pick.

We here is the rub, anyone that can play 3rd line center, has value...and not a 3rd or 4th
So maybe a 2nd + or late 1st......if they retain salary...….

For the Canucks we offer up Sutter because a) he is decent b) he is a swiss army knife c) we can retain salary
That has value.....

Now if you don't want to pay for Sutter or someone else from another team...……like him

Then we can offer up Gagner for that 3rd round pick...…..but I respectfully don't think that is in your plans

So again respectfully, if you are wanting more you will have to pay more....I think that goes without saying

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
We here is the rub, anyone that can play 3rd line center, has value...and not a 3rd or 4th
So maybe a 2nd + or late 1st......if they retain salary...….

For the Canucks we offer up Sutter because a) he is decent b) he is a swiss army knife c) we can retain salary
That has value.....

Now if you don't want to pay for Sutter or someone else from another team...……like him

Then we can offer up Gagner for that 3rd round pick...…..but I respectfully don't think that is in your plans

So again respectfully, if you are wanting more you will have to pay more....I think that goes without saying

I'm not sure how many time its can be said.. Sutters contract is too long. By the beginning of next year (or even possibly this year) he'd be losing his spot to Frost.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I'm not sure how many time its can be said.. Sutters contract is too long. By the beginning of next year (or even possibly this year) he'd be losing his spot to Frost.

So look, in fairy tales you get exactly the story you want, but the truth is nothing exists exactly how you want it.

Sutter at 50% is a good deal, and he is a good player...….are you saying that you do not want to use him then trade him when you are finished with him? Cause if you are saying you don't want to do that...well good luck....no regrets....

It should be the cost that is being discussed...…..

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

We respectfully offer you....more pauses in our negotiations....suspense can be effective....Sutter can play..........wing.

Reactions: Jray42

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
We respectfully offer you....more pauses in our negotiations....suspense can be effective....Sutter can play..........wing.

That's great. We also have farabee, ratcliffe, allison, and many, many others that can fill that role soon as well. Theres only so many spots available and I'd much rather give them to players in the organization.

If the flyers were a Sutter away from competing, I'd be all for it. Sutter is a fine player, this isnt a knock on him. But the reality is, were much further away than just what Sutter can bring. And by the time we are ready, the players listed should be more than adequate to fill those roles.

If Sutter at 50% would come cheap enough, I'd be ok with it. But I wouldnt pay the prices being asked here (1st or 2nd).

Reactions: pmwlker

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Connor Brown

for

Radko Gudas + 3rd

When Myers is ready it could be considered. Don’t see why we add a third though. Value straight upseems closer. If the thirds a sticking point I’d pass.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So term is not a problem? Try to decide.

Not someone I'm interested in, but Matt Duchene has only one year left and is a center we could trade for.

Brock Nelson, kevin hayes. William karlsson... all in the same boat.

I don't need to keep going do i?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So term is not a problem? Try to decide.
Lol.....so it's impossible to trade for guys with 1 year on their deal?

And if they have 2 years and are cheap, not an issue either if the price is right.

And the fallback is they could always play Laugton at the #3 C. They do have options. Ideally, Frist comes to camp and plays hid way onto the team and then the #3C spot is filled.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I think they need to fire there penalty killing coach and get some better players. Horrible signing for Dale Weise,they let Bellemare go to Vegas. They needed someone like Brian Gibbons and I'm shocked they didn't go for Nick Shore who is still unsigned.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think they need to fire there penalty killing coach and get some better players. Horrible signing for Dale Weise,they let Bellemare go to Vegas. They needed someone like Brian Gibbons and I'm shocked they didn't go for Nick Shore who is still unsigned.

You wont find many - if any - flyers fans that dont agree with the bolded. Lapierre needs to go in the worst way.

As great of a story as Bellemare was in Vegas last year, he isnt the answer. He also wasnt worth protecting (certainly at the time) over anyone else we had on the roster. Great team guy (thats why he got an A when he was here), but not the greatest on ice.

Reactions: Devilsrock17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad