Not open for further replies.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Zachy Goj just flows so well.

Zachy Goj...

Just say it... Zachy.. Goj..

Zachy ... Goj...

It's legendary. All because of you. A true Bro in your own right. Safe to say there would be no Bro-ing here without you, Lynk. Also no Zachy Goj. :laugh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Disagree with previous comments about sitting Wellwood.
He's the one who stole the puck and gave Poni the chance to tip in the winner. The Jets don't need to dress 7 D. 2 guys will be in the press box and we'll have the same 12 forwards.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Disagree with previous comments about sitting Wellwood.
He's the one who stole the puck and gave Poni the chance to tip in the winner. The Jets don't need to dress 7 D. 2 guys will be in the press box and we'll have the same 12 forwards.

Mhmm...
Wellwood, like all players, has his weaknesses and moments that make you :banghead:
but in the end, so far he's much more of a plus being on the roster than minus as he is really good at 3 things that make him a defensive treat even though he's not good at "defense" in the traditional sense:
1)being at the right place at the right time
2)stealing passes
3)winning board battles a lot relative to his size/strength dictates

When he's on the ice the Jets:
1) have less shots against than any other forward (Wright is a close 2nd)
2) have best possession in outchancing opponents than any other forward (Burmistrov in close 2nd)
3) have the best +/- differential relative to ice-time than any other forward (Burmistrov in close 2nd)

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I can understand either option.

I personally believe in going with the best goalie over the hot one. Noel got bit by playing Mason back to back last year so I would fully understand going with Pavelec.

I am really not sure how much better Pavi is though. If Noel sees them as close I would also understand rolling with the hot hand. Both goalies have career .906 save percentages afterall.

Ultimately it is about winning games. I say go with the gyt that gives you the best chance to win. I don't know who that is, start whoever.

The bolded is interesting. If you look at Montoya's record for the~ 40 NHL games he played in 2010-12, prior to the concussion, his SvP was >.915. (For corroboration on the concussion effect, look at Reimer in TO, pre and post concussion, and now this year)
I know we have a lot invested in Pavs, but he has not proven to me that he is better than Montoya.
We'll never know unless we give them both substantial opportunity.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
The bolded is interesting. If you look at Montoya's record for the~ 40 NHL games he played in 2010-12, prior to the concussion, his SvP was >.915. (For corroboration on the concussion effect, look at Reimer in TO, pre and post concussion, and now this year)
I know we have a lot invested in Pavs, but he has not proven to me that he is better than Montoya.
We'll never know unless we give them both substantial opportunity.

A smart stats guy from TO (@steveburtch) has an interesting piece coming out about Reimer comparing him to pretty much every goalie prospect from the last 15 years.

I quizzed him on it and he hinted that Reimer and Dubnyk are projecting better than Pav based on historical comparisons. Not sure where Montoya would have ranked or if he made the list. I am curious to see what the final post contains. I will post it for discussion when he publishes it.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Zach tomorrow before game time:

adam-banks-wrist-healed.gif

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
actually that is the new permanent Goj look after they botched his left wrist surgery and his arm locked up.......I know it looks bad but the upside is that it is custom made for square dancing and it does make it easier for Zachy G to lean on short people's heads on the subway.

I'll bet Toby is glad he's not Zachy's D partner.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
@BroadStBull
Sounds like Couturier (flu) will be sent home and will not go to Winnipeg for Tues. game. #Flyers

The Great Malkin Buster will not be coming to play against the Jets...

You know... the one that when on the ice Malkin has only 22.40 scoring chances per 20 minutes rather than the huge 22.04 scoring chances per 20 minutes he normally has...

What's that? That's not improvement? So, Couturier wasn't shutting down Malkin??? oh...

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Damn Leaf's haven't been easy on the Flyers, there currently pounding them 5-1. Flyers will in a surly mood tomorrow.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
@BroadStBull
Sounds like Couturier (flu) will be sent home and will not go to Winnipeg for Tues. game. #Flyers

The Great Malkin Buster will not be coming to play against the Jets...

You know... the one that when on the ice Malkin has only 22.40 scoring chances per 20 minutes rather than the huge 22.04 scoring chances per 20 minutes he normally has...

What's that? That's not improvement? So, Couturier wasn't shutting down Malkin??? oh...

Yeah, where did that whole "Couturier shut down Malkin" thing come from? Even looking at a score sheet, Malkin got more than his fair share of points.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
No Hartnell, no Couturier, coming off a good old fashioned hammering, these Flyers will be ripe for the picking tomorrow if the Jets bring their A game tomorrow night.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/icetracker.htm?id=2012020172&navid=sb:gamecenter

That lineup screams meh, aside from Giroux.
I like Simmonds, but yeah... tha looks rough.

I wanted the Jets to go after Gervais as a 5/6 PK option. It looks like they are giving him heavy minutes.

I hope Luke Schenn is in full on pylon mode tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad