Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Jets - Feb 12 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Just noticed that this will be the 3rd in 4 nights for the Flyers and the second of a back-to-back where they play in Toronto on Monday. Can't line that up much better for the Jets.

Also, it looks like Buff is practicing this morning. :)

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Leafs looked great against Montreal last night so they're due for a stinker at home. Last year we took advantage of these back to back situations, must continue to do that

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Let us hope that the truculent current Leaf lineup sufficiently tires them out and softens them up for the Jets.

The Flyers are 4-1-1 on the road right now so it won't be an easy game regardless.

I find it interesting that the moment Burke gets the boot, they actually DO exhibit some truculence. :laugh:

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
This game is big.

tumblr_lw8aci2eUf1r4nr5ao1_500.jpg

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I find it interesting that the moment Burke gets the boot, they actually DO exhibit some truculence. :laugh:

Cherry last night stated that if Carlyle (or a reasonable facsimile) had been their coach instead of Wilson then Burke would probably still be there. He is likely correct.

One thing I noted about the Jets on Saturday; Ottawa looked physically incapable against them for much of the game. The Jets looked like the stronger group of the two; the bigger lineup this year is paying some noticeable dividends it seems, at least it did against Ottawa yesterday.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Time for back to back starts for Monty, wonder if many agree that had Pavs been in net that all 33 shots fired at the Jets goal probably WOULDN'T have been stopped.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If Montoya doesn't get a start in this game then it will be a travesty. Sends totally the wrong message both to established players and to players working hard to break into the team.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
If Montoya doesn't get a start in this game then it will be a travesty. Sends totally the wrong message both to established players and to players working hard to break into the team.

Noel is in a no win situation regardless of who the Jets play should they lose against the Flyers.

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
The stars are aligning for a Jets win, I hope they show up and take advantage because this road trip that is looming over our heads will be tough

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Just noticed that this will be the 3rd in 4 nights for the Flyers and the second of a back-to-back where they play in Toronto on Monday. Can't line that up much better for the Jets.

Also, it looks like Buff is practicing this morning. :)

So, with the way this team operates, 17-0 Philly? :sarcasm::D:p:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

Last uear the Leafs were good in the early part of the season too.

If they ever get a D core they will be a pretty good team.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
The stars are aligning for a Jets win, I hope they show up and take advantage because this road trip that is looming over our heads will be tough

In my mind, that 9 out of 11 stretch on the road will really set the tone for this season. If they can tread water through that stretch, they'll be in decent shape with 14 of the last 23 games at home. Assuming it takes about 54 points to make the playoffs (6 games over the fake 0.500), they can't afford to finish that road stretch 3 or 4 games below 0.500. There just won't be enough time to get that back.

It's going to be a fun ride I'm sure! :nod:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
2 things about Tuesday's lineup that will most likely piss us all off:

Pavelec will start

One of the kids will be scratched for Buff instead of Clitsome. Obviously I want Grant to sit but between the two, at this very moment? I would scratch Postma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad