Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Jets - Feb 12 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
As long as Pavs is healthy I say he gets the start. Montoya fired a proverbial shot over the bow with his shut-out and I think Pavs should get a chance to respond to that before you send him the message that you've lost confidence in him. He's our #1 and its too early for a goaltending controversy...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Zachy Goj sighting today.

attachment.php

actually that is the new permanent Goj look after they botched his left wrist surgery and his arm locked up.......I know it looks bad but the upside is that it is custom made for square dancing and it does make it easier for Zachy G to lean on short people's heads on the subway.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I disagree.
Should Montoya be rewarded with more playing time? Yes.
I don't think it means he has to play two games in a row. I want to play every game to win, and I think on a consistent basis Pavs will give us a better shot to win.
And I think this is true of tomorrow night.

Personally I'd rather see Pavs play, IF he's 100% healthy.
Montoya earned more playing time with that start, but its just one game.

That's why I think they should go with Montoya. If Pavs got hit with what everyone else is getting hit with in terms of the flu rolling through Winnipeg, no way is he over that in four days. He'd still be dragging his butt and that's not a good thing. Let him rest a bit more, play the hot hand in Montoya and then Pavs can go with Pit/Bos/Buf/Car. If Montoya plays well against the Flyers at home, roll him again when the Jets are in Philly on the 23rd. After that back to Pavs for Jersey/Rangers/Jersey. Montoya gets two starts out of nine for the remainder of the month and Pavs gets the bulk of the starts, as it should be.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
That's weird, I bumped into Zach on the way to the rink. He wasn't on the ice? Maybe a maintenance day?

Oh FFS be careful! The way our d-men get hurt you could have put him on the two week IR with a 'lower body injury'.

IF ANYONE SEES A JET PLAYER WALKING DOWN THE STREET FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T BUMP INTO HIM! Cross the street, go three blocks out of your way, hail a cab, just keep a safe 500 yard distance. Apparently these guys can pull a groin just by being near someone sneezing...

m.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
actually that is the new permanent Goj look after they botched his left wrist surgery and his arm locked up.......I know it looks bad but the upside is that it is custom made for square dancing and it does make it easier for Zachy G to lean on short people's heads on the subway.

I don't know, it just feels like he will get tons of elbowing penalties...

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

Which will result in season or lifelong suspensions like the one he got last year vs. Carolina when he left his feet, practically leaving the universe, to hit Andreas Nodl.

:sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Which will result in season or lifelong suspensions like the one he got last year vs. Carolina when he left his feet, practically leaving the universe, to hit Andreas Nodl.

:sarcasm:

not to mention the "hand off the stick" holding penalties.

He looks a bit like "inspector Kemp" in Young Frankenstein who had the monocle and the wooden arm.....the guy leading the angry mob on the pitchfork and torch march that was used as a battering ram when they stormed the castle.

jetkarma*

not to mention the "hand off the stick" holding penalties.

He looks a bit like "inspector Kemp" in Young Frankenstein who had the monocle and the wooden arm.....the guy leading the angry mob on the pitchfork and torch march that was used as a battering ram when they stormed the castle.

That is a very very funny movie imo !

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I love this picture. Also, I LOVE your new avatar. Finally, I love Zach Bogosian. Must be Valentines haha

He's a true Bro. :laugh:

Avatar credit goes to our very own YWGinYYZ! :clap:

Something else may soon happen. I won't say what. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad