Speculation: Flyers interested in Ryan O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers Time

May 4, 2012
Lebrun posted an article today stating they're one of five teams interested. Ron Hextall always has had a man crush on Oreilly since the World Cup days. What would it cost ? Flyers have 2 first rounders in the draft and possibly more depending on a Simmonds trade.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Change the prefix to Speculation instead of Rumor.

And, with the emergence of SC and Giroux still being an option and Patrick looking a like a solid young player, idk see why Philly would pay a premium for ROR.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Isn't he center? I don't see why the flyers do this

Giroux's been converted fulltime to pseudo LW. After Couturier and Patrick, Laughton rounds out the C depth for the Flyers. I suspect that Hakstol doesn't view Laughton as a C, so the Flyers are looking hard for centers right now. Stastny would be the best fit for what Hextall and Hakstol are looking for, though he prefers other teams out west.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Lebrun also says those top picks for Montreal and Carolina aren’t an option.

I honestly have no idea what the cost would be.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I think the Flyers were interested in him when he was an Av. Great player, don't know what that package from the Flyers would be.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Philadelphia would have to give up a good young player. At least Konecny/Sanheim+. Buffalo would start the ask with Provorov/Patrick.

Reactions: Max Simon

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Philadelphia would have to give up a good young player. At least Konecny/Sanheim+. Buffalo would start the ask with Provorov/Patrick.
Patrick and provy could be asked about but they won’t even be in consideration. The 2nd and 3rd overall picks this year are not on the table so why would a NHLer that was just the 2nd overall pick be there? He didn’t struggle either, his slow start dealt with his offseason surgery. Hextall won’t move him.

Again if your GM doesn’t like what he sees keep him. But it’s gonna be what teams consider a “fair trade”, not a team overpaying for him. Just how I see it.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Patrick and provy could be asked about but they won’t even be in consideration. The 2nd and 3rd overall picks this year are not on the table so why would a NHLer that was just the 2nd overall pick be there? He didn’t struggle either, his slow start dealt with his offseason surgery. Hextall won’t move him.

Again if your GM doesn’t like what he sees keep him. But it’s gonna be what teams consider a “fair trade”, not a team overpaying for him. Just how I see it.

i dont think we'd be looking at Patrick anyways

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
DampHeftyIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif

Konecny? Patrick? Provorov?
nah I'm good fam

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Konecny? Seriously? Konecny scored 24 goals making one million (not even)... How many goals ROR scored?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Like I said, Philly won't like the cost and want to pay the premium for a player whose position isn't really a concern.

ROR is a damn good center and you get him for 5 years. What do you think the price is gonna be...

Reactions: CraniumCram and BHD

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Didn't ROR say he doesn't like playing for Buffalo? Something along the lines of losing motivation playing for a basement dweller every year ..

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Price Check:

What IS the price for a 55-point well rounded 2c who's overpaid by 1.5 million and has said "he has lost the love of the game?"

Nico Hischier? Nolan Patrick? Ivan Provorov? Zach Werenski? Kyle Connor? Travis Konecny? None of the above?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Like I said, Philly won't like the cost and want to pay the premium for a player whose position isn't really a concern.

ROR is a damn good center and you get him for 5 years. What do you think the price is gonna be...

Lower than you think.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Didn't ROR say he doesn't like playing for Buffalo? Something along the lines of losing motivation playing for a basement dweller every year ..

No, he did not say that. There isn't even any proof the Sabres are shopping him around. He's also signed for 5 more years, and after 7/1 much of the money for the contract is off the books.

The Sabres do not have to move him at all, and it would even make the most sense not to move him. Therefore, teams wanting him will need to put forward a good package. Most fans on this forum don't seem to understand that.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I'm sure Philly has the capital to pay for ROR, but I'm not interested in playing against him in the Eastern Conference. If ROR moves, he's going out west unless someone overpays, which according to HF, ROR isn't worth it.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
As most Sabres fans shouldn't expect a king's ransom for a prince...

And yet many of the offers I've seen are the equivalent of "You can't have the prince, the duke, or even the three counts or their servants. We would give you a couple of peasants for him, with the chance of picking another peasant next year!"

The Sabres do not have to move him, and there is no proof they are even trying to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad